Download DD Form 1618 Department of Defense (DoD) Transportation Agreement Transfer of Civilian Employees to and Within Continental United States (Conus)
How to Fill out DD Form 1618?
DD Form 1618 instructions are as follows:
- The submission of travel authorization requests should start with completing the DD Form 1614, Request/Authorization For DoD Civilian Permanent Duty Or Temporary Change Of Station (TCS) Travel.
- All current Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) employees should log into TOPS Online to create the necessary documentation. If the traveler is a new employee, the order will be initiated by the DoDEA Human Resources, based on the data provided by the employee.
- Next, the traveler will need to complete one of the transportation agreements, depending on their position and the location of travel.
- The DD 1618 consists of 10 Blocks denoted by letters A through J and a pre-printed agreement.
- Blocks A and B require the full name and social security number of the traveling employee. Block C must be filed if the employee is a new appointee or a student trainee.
- It is necessary to indicate the date of the report date and the Permanent Duty Station (PDS) location in Blocks D and E correspondingly.
- Block F should contain a signature of the designee, the civilian personnel officer or the human resources officer.
- Information about the residence at the time of appointment should be entered in Block G.
- The employee must sign and date the form in Blocks H and I.
- Block J is reserved for any remarks the employing agency or the personnel office officials may have.
- The DD 1614 is submitted via TOPS prior to the DD 1618. When the DD Form 1618 is complete, it is submitted via e-mail to the Defense Logistics Agency Human Resources (DLA HR) with all supporting documentation.