Download DA Form 348-1 Equipment Operator's Qualification Record (Except Aircraft)
DA Form 348 Instructions
- All personal identifying information must be entered into the top section of the form. This part requires the name, sex, date of birth, eye and hair color, height and weight. Enter the permit number, which is the first letter of the last name and the last four digits of the SSN.
- If the permit number changed due to a name change, cross the old one out and fill the new in. Finish the section by entering the type of permit and the date the license is effective.
- Section I is reserved for official qualification. It lists the type of equipment the individual is qualified to operate, any special qualifications and the identifying information of the examiner issuing the permit.
- Section II, Background and Experience lists the type of equipment the individual has experience in driving or operating, its size, type of driving or operation and - once again - identifying information of the examiner verifying the licensee's experience.
- Section III is reserved for the individual's performance record. This part of the DA 348 provides information about any formal training, debits and credits, and all actions taken by the commander to keep the sure that the soldier maintains a high standard as a vehicle or equipment operator.
- The top lines above Physical Evaluation Measures in Section IV are left blank. The rest require a physical assessment, a summary of road test performance results and any additional requirements for licensing.
- The applicant signs their form in Block 55 after the DA 348 is dated in Block 54 and signed by the individual that administered the road test in Block 53.