DA Form 348-1 Equipment Operator's Qualification Record (Except Aircraft)
What Is DA Form 348-1?
DA Form 348-1 or the Equipment Operator's Qualification Record (Except Aircraft) is a document used in the U.S. Army to determine and record an individual's qualifications and any driving or equipment-operating experience.
The August 2011 edition of the form is in use today. A fillable DA Form 348-1 - sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DD Form 348 or as the DA Form 348 for short - is available for download below.
Each person operating equipment owned or leased by the U.S. Army must have a filled-out copy of the DA 348 on hand at all times. The form will be withdrawn from official personnel folders maintained on U.S. Government civilian employees and Military Personnel Records Jackets maintained on military equipment operators and vehicle drivers.
When individuals are transferred or released from regular driving or equipment-operating duties, the designated records reviewer will ensure all required information has been accurately input into the DA Form 348.
A DA Form 348-A, Continuation sheet is used when the space provided on the DA 348 is not enough to input all required data. All records in this form are permanent and cannot be changed or destroyed.
Download DA Form 348-1 Equipment Operator's Qualification Record (Except Aircraft)
DA Form 348 Instructions
- All personal identifying information must be entered into the top section of the form. This part requires the name, sex, date of birth, eye and hair color, height and weight. Enter the permit number, which is the first letter of the last name and the last four digits of the SSN.
- If the permit number changed due to a name change, cross the old one out and fill the new in. Finish the section by entering the type of permit and the date the license is effective.
- Section I is reserved for official qualification. It lists the type of equipment the individual is qualified to operate, any special qualifications and the identifying information of the examiner issuing the permit.
- Section II, Background and Experience lists the type of equipment the individual has experience in driving or operating, its size, type of driving or operation and - once again - identifying information of the examiner verifying the licensee's experience.
- Section III is reserved for the individual's performance record. This part of the DA 348 provides information about any formal training, debits and credits, and all actions taken by the commander to keep the sure that the soldier maintains a high standard as a vehicle or equipment operator.
- The top lines above Physical Evaluation Measures in Section IV are left blank. The rest require a physical assessment, a summary of road test performance results and any additional requirements for licensing.
- The applicant signs their form in Block 55 after the DA 348 is dated in Block 54 and signed by the individual that administered the road test in Block 53.