How to Fill Out DA Form 5121?
An overview of the form and filing guidelines can be found in the Army Regulation 600-8-11, Reassignment, released in May 2007. DA Form 5121 instructions are as follows:
- Before interviewing a soldier, the Personnel Reassignment Work Center conducts a reassignment briefing.
- After that, a pre-move (overseas orientation) briefing is scheduled. It is conducted within 30 calendar days of EDAS cycle date. The person authorized to direct the utmost support of all activities included in the reassignment process is the garrison or division commander.
- The Personnel Reassignment Work Center is responsible for organizing and planning the soldier's leave, travel time, TDY en-route, determining the anticipated date of loss, requesting an HRC deletion via EDAS (if applicable), sending a notification to the installation retention and verifying the medical readiness classification (MRC).
- The soldier will need to complete the DA Form 5121 during the interviews. This form should be prepared in two copies. The original is placed in the Action Pending section of the soldier's MPRJ and a copy is placed in the soldier's reassignment file.
- The DA 5121 requires the soldier's personal data - their name, SSN, grade and rank - for identification purposes in Items 1 through 3. Item 4 is mandatory to file under any conditions. It requires specifying the soldiers' reassignment location. Items 5 through 7 are applicable under special conditions and contain information for the soldier to read and accept. Item 8 is for the soldier's duty status and the length of tour in months.
- The completed form has to be dated and signed by a soldier and certified by a witness.