Download DA Form 5790 Record Firing Scorecard - Scaled Target Alternate Course
How to File DA Form 5790?
To complete this course, Soldiers fire three tables. Table 1 is fired from prone supported firing position or supported position in 120 seconds. Table 2 is fired from a prone unsupported firing position over a period of 60 seconds. Table 3 is fired kneeling in an unsupported firing position over a period of 30 seconds.
An overview of the Army record firing scorecard and filing guidelines can be found in the TC 3-22.9, Rifle and Carbine, released in May 2016. DA Form 5790 instructions are as follows:
- The top line of the form requires specifying ID code of the firer along with their unit, the date the course is taking place and the ID of the evaluator.
- Table 1 is filled in with the results of firing in prone supported or foxhole supported position. Table 2 records the results of shooting in a prone unsupported position and Table 3 is for the results of firing in kneeling position. The digital form will automatically calculate the results of the course and the firer's overall score.
- The form also provides fields for recording night firing exercises and a CBRN exercise. The evaluator has to record the number of hits, misses and mark if the exercise was completed successfully overall.
- The scorer can add remarks if necessary. The completed form must be certified with the initials of the scorer and the firer and should include the day of filing the form.
DA 5790 Related Forms
- DA Form 5789, Record Fire Scorecard - Known Distance Course is a form used to record scores during KD Courses.
- DA Form 3595, Record Fire Scorecard is a form for recording a soldier's overall shooting skills.