Download DA Form 1058 Application for Active Duty for Training, Active Duty for Operational Support, and Annual Training for Soldiers of the Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve
DA Form 1058 Instructions
The DA 1058 itself consists of two sections or parts: Part I is for the applicant and must be signed by the soldier themselves. Unit representatives are strictly forbidden to sign the form for the soldier. Part II is filed by the records custodian.
- Boxes 1 through 4 identify the soldier, provide their home address, home and business telephone numbers and the address from which the soldier will report for duty. The last part is filed by soldiers whose HOR is outside the commuting distance of their duty location.
- Enter the unit of assignments, grade, and branch in Boxes 5, 6 and 7, respectively.
- Boxes 8 to 17 describe the applicant's sex, height, weight, date of birth, marital status, primary SSI, duty SSI and total time spent in active federal service.
- Box 18 is filed by individual mobilization augmentees only.
- Box 19 lists dates and location of ADSW/TTAD/ADT/AT requested.
- Box 20 assesses medical fitness The soldier must list the date of their last PHA/Exam in Box 20a and its location in Box 20b.
- The soldier must sign and date the form in Boxes 21 and 22.
- The soldier then signs Box 23, Remarks, consenting to their release from active duty at the completion of the tour they are applying to.
- Boxes 24 through 33 are filled by the records custodian.
- You are not supposed to fill out Box 34 if it is not showing on your ORDERS QUERY printout. If everything is correct, put SEE ORDERS QUERY in the first line of Box 34a. Not all Title 10 tours show on ORDERS QUERY - must put those down below if you do not have a state order covering that order.
- The custodian then signs the form in Box 35 verifying that the information on the DA 1058-R is accurate and that the soldier meets the medical requirements for tour consideration in NGB PPOM 13-020 para 14.
Additional instructions and filing guidelines can be found in the AR 135-200 (Active Duty for Missions, Projects, and Training for Reserve Component Soldiers) released in September 2017.