How to Fill out DD Form 2266?
Filling guidelines are not distributed with the form. DD Form 2266 instructions are as follows.
- Blocks 1 and 2 are for the PAO Code and the Social Security Number (SSN) of the service member filing the form.
- Blocks 3 and 4 are for identifying the applicant's branch of service and status. Information about their rank and pay grade is specified in Blocks 5 and 6.
- The name and gender of the service member is provided in Blocks 7 and 8. Block 9 is used for describing the reasons for filing the form.
- Block 10 provides information about the soldier's or civilian's living parents, step parents, guardians, or other adult relatives. The name of the spouse - of there is one - is specified in Block 11. Information about parents is provided in Blocks 12 and 13.
- The employee's present unit of assignment is provided in Block 14. Block 15 is for the Military Occupational Specialty or Air Force Specialty code.
- The current job title and the period of military service in years are entered in Blocks 16 and 17. Information about high-school and college education is provided in Blocks 18 and 19.
- Any additional remarks may be entered in Block 20. The applicant's signature in Block 21 confirms their agreement to release all provided information publicly.