How to Fill Out a DA Form 3161?
- First of all, check the box that labels the form as a request of issue or turn-in.
- Enter all of the main information surrounding the request in Boxes 1 through 9. Fill in the information about the materials being sent: who are they being sent to, the date they are required, priority and authorizations, and all identifying information about the items to be issued or turned in.
- In Box 12 provide item numbers, stock numbers, descriptions, quantities. codes and prices for each of the items covered by the DA 3161. All costs and numbers must be added up an totaled at the bottom of Box 12.
- The authorizing party and all supply chain officers must sign the DA Form 3161.
A copy of the form should be kept in order to keep records and assure that all items are accounted for and properly issued through the supply chain.
What Are the Supply Action Codes for DA Form 3161?
There are no Supply Action Codes on The DA 3161 - Box 12g is used to document the quantity of turned-in items. Action Codes must be filled in Box 12F. When filling the form, use one of the following:
- I - Initial,
- R - Replacement,
- FWT - Fair Wear and Tear,
- RS - Report of Survey,
- EX - Excess,
- SC - Statement of Charges,
- LT - Lateral Transfer.
How to Sign a DA Form 3161?
You can print out and physically sign the form or use the electronic signature option available in the newest version of the document.
Not all browsers support this feature: open the form in an Adobe Acrobat Reader desktop application to add your electronic signature.
How Long Is a DA Form 3161 Good For?
The DA 3161 is good for 1 month unless used as an issuing document. Check out the DA PAM 710-2, Using Unit Supply System (Manual Procedures) for more information.