DA Form 2765-1 Request for Issue or Turn-In
What Is DA Form 2765-1?
DA Form 2765-1, Request for Issue or Turn-In - often called the DA Form 2765 for short - is a document used to request a single-line item listed in the Army Master Data File (AMDF) with a national stock number or to turn in items that do not require turn-in credit and are disposable at the organizational level to the Supply Support Activity (SSA) ).
The form was last revised by the Department of the Army (DA) in April 1967 with previous editions still available for filing. The latest DA Form 2765-1 fillable version is available for download and digital filing below or can be obtained through the Army Publishing Directorate website.
The DA Form 2765-1 should not be confused with the Department of Defense-issued DD Form 2765, Department of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card, used for identifying U.S. Army servicemembers, members of their family and dependents.
DA Form 2765-1 Instructions
See the Department of the Army Pamphlet 710-2-1 issued in December 2016 for additional guidelines and information, or refer to the instructions below for detailed filing procedures.
- Blocks A and B of the DA 2765-1 require entering the names and addresses of the SSA and requesting unit respectively.
- Sections D, E, F and separate Boxes 1, 2 and required identifying codes and editing data. Box 4 is for specifying the federal supply class.
- Information about the item, including the National Item Identification Number (NIIN), unit of issue and quantity should be entered in Boxes 5, 7, and 8 correspondingly.
- Boxes 9 and 10 (SVC and Requisitioner) require DoDAAC (Department of Defense Activity Address Code).
- The date and the serial number of the document are entered in Boxes 11 and 12.
- Boxes 13, 14, 15 and 16 are for specifying demand, SVC, supplementary address and signal.
- Boxes 17 and 18 should contain the proper fund and end item code. For most major items NSNs, EICs are listed in the AMDF. If the EIC is not assigned, leave this section blank.
- If a project code is assigned, provide it in Box19.
- Box 20 is intended for the priority designator.
- Enter the required delivery date in Box 21 or leave it blank.
- If you need to give any specific instructions to the source of supply, you may indicate the proper advice code in Box 22.
- Cost detail account number should be included in Section L.
- Section O is intended for a brief description of the item.
- Provide the date, type, number, and other applicable data in Section P.
If the 2765-1 DA Form is used as a request for issue, it should be prepared in the number of copies required by local needs. One of them may be completed in the due-in status file. The form must be an electronic or a four-part carbon interwoven document.
Other Army supply request forms include the following:
- The DA Form 3161 - Request for Issue or Turn-In;
- The DA Form 581 - Request for Issue and Turn-In of Ammunition;
- The DD Form 1348-6 - Single Line Item Requisition System.
The DA Form 581 (Request for Issue and Turn-In of Ammunition) is an additional Army form used for turn-ins.