Download PS Form 2976 Customs Declaration Cn 22 - Sender's Declaration - Sample
What to Write on PS Form 2976?
- Provide your name and address, as well as the full name and the address of the addressee. Provide your and the addressee's telephone or fax number, and/or email address in order to facilitate customs clearance and delivery.
- Indicate the type of items: documents, commercial samples, dangerous goods, merchandise, humanitarian donations, or gifts.
- Describe every item in the package: the name of the item (be specific), quantity, net weight in pounds and ounces, and value. Enter the country of origin of every item, if it is known.
- If your package contains commercial items, provide the 6-digit Harmonized Tariff Schedule number.
- Provide the total quantity, weight, and value of all articles.
- In the next block, the sender has to choose the AES Exemption. If the value of each type of goods is $2,500 or less and the export license is not required, the J NOEEI § 30.37(a) option should be used. If the parcel is a gift or humanitarian donation to Cuba, the J NOEEI § 30.37(h) is necessary.
- Sign and date the form.
What Is the Difference between USPS Form 2976 and 2976-A?
The PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note CP 72 (Reference Only), is used for a similar purpose as the PS 2976. However, the USPS Form 2976-A is used for all Priority Mail International shipments, except military mail ones.
How to Order PS Form 2976?
There are several ways to obtain the PS form 2976.
The form can be filled online using the Click-N-Ship tool at the USPS website. The website will automatically choose the appropriate form. The Click-N-Ship will also prepare a shipping label for packages sent by the Priority Mail Express International, Priority Mail International or First-Class Package International Service.
The completed form can be printed out. Alternatively, if you are using an international service that doesn't give you such an option, you can create and fill out a necessary form at the same webpage.
A customs form can be obtained and filled out at the local post office. The Postal Service employee can provide assistance in completing the customs form.
How Many Copies of PS Form 2976 Do I Need to Put on the Package?
The PS Form 2976 should be printed in three copies. One copy is placed in the package, another one is for the sender and the third one is kept at the post office for 30 days. Make sure you retain a copy of the form for all possible inquiries regarding your package.