What Is PS Form 2976 Series?
The PS 2976 Forms are a set of six documents released by the United States Postal Service (USPS) and used with international shipments. These forms are:
- PS Form 2976, Customs Declaration Cn 22 - Sender's Declaration;
- PS Form 2976-A, Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note;
- PS Form 2976-B, Priority Mail Express International Shipping Label and Customs Form;
- PS Form 2976-E, Customs Declaration Envelope CP 91;
- PS Form 2976-ES, Small Customs Form Envelope;
- PS Form 2976-R, USPS Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note.
USPS Customs Forms
Customs forms are necessary for all international shipments and for all parcels sent to an Army Post Office (APO), a Fleet Post Office (FPO), and for Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) destinations. These forms are a summary of the contents of the shipment, the information about the sender and the addressee. This information is necessary for the border control inspection at the border of the accepting country. The preparation of the customs form is the responsibility of the sender.
The USPS releases several customs forms: the appropriate form (except for the PS Form 2976-R) is determined by the mailing service the sender is using:
- If the parcel is sent via the First-Class Mail Internationa, for First-Class Package International Service items, and M-bags PS Form 2976 is necessary. This form will be also required for certain Priority Mail Express International items.
- All shipments sent via the Priority Mail International require PS Form 2976-A. This form should not be used for packages destined to military mail within the U.S.Territories.
- All Priority Mail Express International Items and Priority Mail Express items mailed to Army Post Office (APO), Fleet Post Office (FPO), or Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) destinations require PS Form 2976-B.
Each of these forms requires preparing three copies. The first copy is for the sender, the second is prepared for customs and the third copy should be kept at the post office for 30 days.
PS Form 2976-R serves as a worksheet, that the sender can obtain and fill only at the post office. The information from this form is entered into the retail system or Customs Forms Online and then the appropriate form is generated and affixed to the parcel. The PS 2976-R cannot be used as a stand-alone customs form. PS Form 2976-E and PS Form 2976-ES are envelopes, made of transparent plastic. They are designed to contain the customs forms and other necessary papers and protect them. The difference between the two forms is the size. The PS 2976-ES is a smaller envelope, designed for small parcels, for which the PS 2976-E does not fit.
All customs forms (except for the PS 2976-R) can be filled online. The USPS website offers the Click-N-Ship tool, that generates the completed appropriate customs form after entering all necessary data.
This document is a customs form used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to describe contents of your package, in order to determine duty fees at the border control.
This is a customs form used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to describe the items in a package and is to be used at border control.
Use this USPS customs form to list your packaged items for the destination country's border control.
This form is used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to summarize the contents of your package, as well as the value of these contents.
This form is printed on a plastic envelope or pouch used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) for carrying and protecting customs forms and other documentation.