DA Form 3749 Regulation
The DA-issued Pamphlet 710-2-1, Using Unit Supply System (Manual Procedures), released in December 2016 contains an overview of the form and filing guidelines.
DA Form 3749 Instructions
Equipment (other than weapons) will be controlled as follows:
- The Soldier receiving the equipment will complete the form for the piece of equipment received and submit the form to the RO making the issue.
- When the item is handed in to the RO, the form will be returned to the Soldier.
The form consists of nine blocks that are to be filled out as follows:
- Block 1 requires identifying the Soldier's unit.
- Block 2 is for the receipt number.
- Block 3 is for the stock number of the item being issued to the Soldier.
- Block 4 is for the serial number of the item as recorded in the property book or the hand/sub-hand receipt.
- Block 5 is for a description of the item.
- Block 6 requires the name of the section, squad, or unit issuing the item.
- Block 7 is for the name of the Soldier who will receive the item or equipment.
- Blocks 8 and 9 are for the signature and grade of the Soldier.
Who Signs the Army DA Form 3749?
The form is signed twice. The form is signed by the Soldier receiving the equipment in Box 8 and then by the issuing officer on the back of the form.