DA Form 3749 Equipment Receipt
What Is DA Form 3749?
DA Form 3749, Equipment Receipt is the form used for assigning responsibility for Army property issued for brief recurring periods. This property usually includes nuclear, biological, and chemical masks, individually assigned weapons, as well as radiation detection, indication, and computation equipment issued for training.
The Department of the Army (DA) released the latest version of the form - sometimes referred to as the Weapons Card DA Form 3749 - in May 2009. An up-to-date fillable version of the form is available for download and online filing below or can be found through the Army Publishing Directorate website.
A separate DA 3749 must be prepared for each individually assigned weapon and other items, like masks and radiation indication equipment, etc. The equipment receipt must be given to the Soldier that will receive the item.
Re-issuing the form is not required when there is a change of the responsible official (RO). The forms issued by previous ROs are acceptable as long as the bearer of the card is validly listed on the master authorization list (MAL). A new copy of the equipment receipt must be prepared if an old card is lost, damaged or destroyed or the Soldier is assigned to a different unit.
DA Form 3749 Regulation
The DA-issued Pamphlet 710-2-1, Using Unit Supply System (Manual Procedures), released in December 2016 contains an overview of the form and filing guidelines.
DA Form 3749 Instructions
Equipment (other than weapons) will be controlled as follows:
- The Soldier receiving the equipment will complete the form for the piece of equipment received and submit the form to the RO making the issue.
- When the item is handed in to the RO, the form will be returned to the Soldier.
The form consists of nine blocks that are to be filled out as follows:
- Block 1 requires identifying the Soldier's unit.
- Block 2 is for the receipt number.
- Block 3 is for the stock number of the item being issued to the Soldier.
- Block 4 is for the serial number of the item as recorded in the property book or the hand/sub-hand receipt.
- Block 5 is for a description of the item.
- Block 6 requires the name of the section, squad, or unit issuing the item.
- Block 7 is for the name of the Soldier who will receive the item or equipment.
- Blocks 8 and 9 are for the signature and grade of the Soldier.
Who Signs the Army DA Form 3749?
The form is signed twice. The form is signed by the Soldier receiving the equipment in Box 8 and then by the issuing officer on the back of the form.