Download DA Form 3439 Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentality Employment Inquiry
How to Fill out DA Form 3439?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the AR 215-3, Nonappropriated Funds Instrumentalities Personnel Policy, released in September 2015. DA Form 3439 instructions are as follows:
- Any document or form originating during NAF employment - like requests for personnel actions, letters of reprimand, copies of the DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) or internal placement forms - will be contained in a temporary electronic official personnel folder - or eOPF.
- The CPAC NAF HR Division will establish a suitability file for the information and documents acquired during the background check. This information will be used to determine whether or not a candidate or current NAF employee is suitable for employment.
This file will contain the following forms:
- A local military records check and a civilian law enforcement check;
- A Criminal Investigation Command or Defense Central Investigation Index check;
- An FBI fingerprint check and an Army Substance Abuse Program check;
- Personnel security investigation portal verification;
- An Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment;
- A DA Form 3437, Department of the Army Nonappropriated Funds Certificate of Medical Examination;
- A ;
- The decision for employment.
- The CPAC NAF HRD Division will also establish security clearances files and retain those files for two years after the date of separation. No parts of the suitability file can be kept in an employee's eOPF.