AF Form 4392 Instructions
The instructions for the AF 4392 Form are as follows:
- The unit commanders must ensure that before departure on leave, temporary duty, or permanent change of station, the military personnel are reminded of the dangers involving travel by private motor vehicles and recreational activities;
- The unit commander, the immediate supervisor, the flight commander, the first sergeant, or the military training manager must conduct a briefing;
- The units are responsible for adding educational materials adapted to the installation's location, the recreational activities, and the climatic conditions.
How to Fill out AF Form 4392?
- Section I, "Instructions" includes main guidelines on how to complete the form;
- Section II, "Briefing guide" urges the driver to plan the trip intelligently and carefully; advises the traveler to contact the command post in the event of an emergency situation or an accident; encourages the traveler to check the weather forecast for the route of travel and to make sure sufficient funds to cover expenses are available; stresses the importance of vehicle condition and the value of restraint devices; discourages driving during late night hours; discusses the requirements for personnel planning to engage in high-risk activities, as well as the main causes of injury and death by vehicle accidents; reminds personnel to extend common sense and safety principles in recreational activities;
- Section III, "Proposed Travel Itinerary" must be completed by the departing member and reviewed by the unit commander, the first sergeant, the flight commander, the immediate supervisor, or the military training manager before the member's departure. It covers the modes of transportation, the final destination, the departure date, the departure point and the arrival point for every day of travel, the approximate mileage, and the length of the rest period;
- Section IV, "Other Information" may be overprinted for a group briefing, for local information.
The informed individual writes down their full name, grade, organization, the actual date, and signs the form.