Download IRS Form 1040-C 2019 U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Return
IRS Form 1040-C Instructions
IRS 1040-C Form consists of three parts. Fill it out as follows:
- Specify your personal information in the top part of the form. If you fill out a joint return, you are required to provide your spouse's personal information as well. In this case, you will have to include your spouse's information in Parts I and III;
- Part I. Explanation of Status - Resident or Nonresident Alien. Provide detailed information that specifies your status. To be considered as a resident alien, you need to pass either a substantial presence test or green card test. Answer all the applicable questions. If you are filing a joint tax return, it may be necessary to fill out a separate Part I for your spouse;
- Part II. Dependents. List the names and SSNs of the dependents you want to claim a tax credit for. The list of criteria that denote if a person can be qualified as your dependent and the type of credit you can claim is provided in the instructions for the Form 1040 or Form 1040-NR;
- Part III. Figuring Your Income Tax. If you have checked Group I or II in Part I, Item 1, use lines 15 - 22 to figure your taxes. If you have checked Group III, fill out lines 23 and 24. If you are a nonresident alien and both Group II and Group III apply to you, complete lines 15 - 24. Before filling out this part, look through and complete the applicable lines on schedules A through D.
- Sign the 1040-C tax return form, otherwise, it will not be considered valid.
IRS 1040-C Related Forms
- IRS Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return;
- IRS Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return;
- IRS Form 1040-NR-EZ, U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Nonresident Aliens with No Dependents;
- IRS Form 1040-SS, U.S. Self-Employment Tax Return (Including the Additional Child Tax Credit for Bona Fide Residents of Puerto Rico);
- IRS Form 1040-V, Payment Voucher;
- IRS Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return;
- IRS Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals;
- IRS Form 56, Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship;
- IRS Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement;
- IRS Form 2063, U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Statement;
- IRS Form 4136, Credit For Federal Tax Paid on Fuels;
- IRS Form 4255, Recapture of Investment Credit.