When a person or party needs to collect documents from another party but is unable to be present for the collection itself, they can use a third party to retrieve the documents by issuing a Letter of Authorization to Collect Documents. This letter grants approval from the first party to act on their behalf in such a situation and make sure all documents can be securely collected. A sample Authorization Letter to Collect Documents can be downloaded below.
To write a Letter of Authorization to Collect Documents, follow the instructions below:
- Your full name and address, or the letterhead of the organization.
- Your contact information, including the best way you can be reached in case either party needs to reach you for confirmation.
- Today's Date.
- Memo line reading, "Letter of Authorization to Collect Documents."
- Opening salutation.
- Language stating that the name of the person or party that is requesting the documentation is using this letter as authorization for a third party to collect all documents.
- Include the name and information of the third party that will be collecting the documents;
- List what documents they will be collecting on your behalf.
- Closing salutation.
- Your name and signature.
Still looking for a particular sample? Take a look at the related templates below: