What Is a Bag Tag?
A Bag Tag is a plastic or paper label made to provide information about the bag or suitcase it is attached to.
- Luggage Tag.
Very common for long-distance journeys by bus, train, or plane, this customized label is indispensable for passengers who can identify their bags, provide tangible proof the bag in question belongs to them, and track missing luggage by informing the person helping them about the look of the tag and the information it contains.
You can find a full list of Bag Tag templates by checking out our library below.
How to Make a Bag Tag?
Here is how you should create a personalized Bag Tag:
- You may use materials you have at home - a small piece of plastic or cardboard. While regular paper seems the easiest choice, long-distance travel may damage or completely destroy the tag so either you are keeping the bag with you at all times and are able to check the condition of the tag or you make the tag and later laminate it using a special machine.
- If you print out a custom Bag Tag, you may find Bag Tag designs online and pick the one you like most since airlines and train railways generally do not have requirements regarding the look of the labels travelers use for their bags. It is highly recommended to use bright colors that will make the Luggage Tag easily visible and identifiable especially if you ever have to deal with lost luggage describing other people what item you are looking for.
- Include the essential information about the bag and its owner - your full name written in capital letters, phone number and e-mail address, the contact details of the hotel you are going to live in or the organization that has arranged your trip - if the bag is lost, it may be brought to you or someone you trust, a hotel employee or co-worker. Do not put your home address on the Bag Tag - if it is lost or stolen, it will be known your residence is left unattended for days or weeks which may lead to burglary while you are away.
- Make a copy of the Luggage Tag and put it inside the bag. It does not have to be the exact copy of the tag you attach to the bag - it is enough if the label or piece of paper inside replicates your contact details.
How to Put on a Bag Tag?
There are several ways to attach a Luggage Tag to the bag you check in at the airport, railway station, or bus station:
- Fasten the tag near the top of the bag or suitcase to ensure it is noticeable even from a significant distance. Whether you have a custom tag holder that is attached to the bag or not, the Bag Tag is usually situated near the handle, lock, or zipper. Check if it is secure enough by pulling the tag and seeing it stays in place.
- If your tag is made of paper and is not durable on its own, it will be easy to secure it by putting it inside a transparent keychain you can buy before the journey or at the airport or railway station.
- Another important tip - take the old irrelevant Bag Tag and put a new one as soon as you make a transfer between planes, trains, or buses. If there are different labels attached to your bag, it will be harder for people unfamiliar with your destination to make sure the bag travels with you.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below: