How to Use DA Form 2408?
The DA 2408 provides information to assist aircrew, UAS operator, and maintenance personnel on filling out the logbook, maintenance, and historical forms, records, and files.
The codes described on the DA 2408 are part of the Logistics Information System and appear in drop-down lists to help in completing the necessary forms and records. All flying duty symbols, mission symbols, and flight condition symbols can also be found in the Army Regulation 95-23 (for UAS) and Army Regulation 95-1 (for aircraft). The information in both Army Regulations takes precedence over the form if there is a conflict between codes.
Additional information and DA Form 2408 instructions can be found in the Department of the Army Pamphlet 738-751 (Functional Users Manual for the Army Maintenance Management System - Aviation) released in February 2014.
This form is a permanent part of an Aircraft Logbook. When a form is soiled or damaged replace it with a new one. Other aircraft logbook forms include the following:
- DA Form 2408-4-1, Weapon Record Data.
- DA Form 2408-4-2, Weapon Sighting Data (OH-58D).
- DA Form 2408-4-3, Weapon Sighting Data (AH-64A).
- DA Form 2408-4-4, Weapon Sighting Data (AH-64).
- DA Form 2408-12, Army Aviator's Flight Record.
- DA Form 2408-13, Aircraft Status Information Record.
- DA Form 2408-13-1, Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Record.
- DA Form 2408-13-2, Related Maintenance Actions Record.
- DA Form 2408-13-3, Aircraft Technical Inspection Worksheet.
- DA Form 2408-14-1, Uncorrected Fault Record (Aircraft).
- DA Form 2408-18, Equipment Inspection.
- DA Form 2408-31, Aircraft Identification Card.