Download DA Form 285-A Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident - Index a
How to Fill out DA Form 285-A?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the DA PAM 385-40, released in March 2015. DD Form 285-A instructions are as follows:
- Block 1 is for entering the date the accident took place.
- Block 2 is a table for detailed data about the accident. An X should be placed in the column opposite each line to indicate whether the related information is enclosed or not applicable. If an X was placed in the "See Remarks" column, an explanation is required in Block 3 of the form. Lines 1 through 12 are listing necessary documentation, and if there are any extra papers submitted with the DA 285-A should be listed in Lines 13 through 18.
- Block 3 is for the remarks. This item is filed if it's necessary to indicate that any of the required information cannot be provided to the accident investigation board due to a delay or non-availability.
Remarks related to delayed information should contain an estimated forwarding date. Remarks related to unavailable information should include reasons for its non-availability.
DA 285-A Related Forms
- DA Form 285, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident is a form used for reporting any ground accidents that happen on U.S. Army grounds.
- DA Form 285-AB, U.S. Army Abbreviated Ground Accident Report (AGAR) is a three-page form used for reporting C-Class to E-Class ground accidents.
- DA Form 285-B, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index B is used for making reports of Class B ground accidents.
- DA Form 285-O, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Statement of Reviewing Officials is a form filled out by the officials authorized to record the details of the accident.
- DA Form 285-W, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Summary of Witness Interview is a form used for interviewing a witness of an accident.