DA Form 285-b Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident - Index B
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is DA Form 285-B?
DA Form 285-B, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index B , is a form used for making reports of Class B ground accidents in the U.S. Army. The completed report must be submitted to the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC) within 90 days from the date the accident occurred. A Class B accident has to meet the following criteria:
- The resulting total cost of property damage was more than $500,000 but less than $2 billion;
- The accident resulted in a permanent partial disability for an individual involved;
- Three or more individuals were hospitalized as in-patients as the result of a single event.
The U.S. Department of the Army (DA) released the latest version of the form - sometimes confused with DD Form 285, Appointment of Military Postal Clerk, Unit Mail Clerk or Mail Orderly - on February 1, 2009 . An up-to-date DA Form 285-B fillable version is available for digital filing and download below.
How to Fill Out DA Form 285-B?
DA Form 285-B is a necessary part of an accident folder of a Class B accident. Accident folders are used for each Class A and Class B accident to enclose the forms and the substantiating data submitted with the main reports. Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the DA Pamphlet 385-40. DA Form 285-B instructions are as follows:
- The date of the accident should be provided in Block 1.
- Block 2 is a table used for listing the supporting documents related to the accident and attached to the report. An X should be placed in the appropriate column to reflect whether the data in "Enclosed", "Not Applicable" or "Requires remarks."
- Block 3 is for the remarks. These must include the information on any of the unavailable supporting documents listed in Block 2, whether delayed or unavailable. An estimated forwarding date is required for delayed data. If the information is unavailable, the remarks must list the reasons for non-availability.
- Block 4 requires the names, signatures, grades, branches of service, unit addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of all members of the Accident Review Board.
Publications related to DA Form 285-B:
- DA Form 285, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident, is a form used for reporting any ground accidents of any class;
- DA Form 285-A, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index A, is a form used for reporting Class A ground accidents that happen in the U.S. Army;
- DA Form 285-AB, U.S. Army Abbreviated Ground Accident Report (AGAR), is a report used for Class C to Class E ground accidents;
- DA Form 285-O, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Statement of Reviewing Officials, contains a statement of the officials authorized to record the details of the accident;
- DA Form 285-W, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Summary of Witness Interview, is a form used to record interviews with the witnesses of accidents.
Download DA Form 285-b Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident - Index B