How to Fill out DD Form 180?
The form is made up of a single page with no filing guidelines provided by the DoD. DD Form 180 instructions are as follows.
- The three top lines of the form require the date of filing, the reference code and the INC code.
- The left column describes the proposed action with several boxes to choose from. Each marked box requires an explanation in the column to the right. The far right column is for the NSC and FSC codes as stated.
- It is necessary to provide the suggested name of the item and identify if the item name is added or revised. The approved item names may either colloquial, canceled or canceled and replaced. The applicant may also file for a FSC action. Not all boxes are applicable to every case.
- The applicant should provide the information about the basic name of the item, the MCR action, specify reply codes and provide an explanation for the codes in the next several lines in the middle column.
- Additional details about the item are provided in the section labeled "Justification" and will be used to support the request.
- The "Comments" section must include the name and contact information of the individual submitting the form.
- The last line of the DD 180 is for recording the total number of pages used within a single request. The completed form is sent to the Defense Logistics Information Service for approval.