How to Fill out DD Form 1664?
DD Form 1664 instructions are as follows:
- The first box of the form requires the title of the data item. The identification number is provided in Box 2.
- Box 3 is for the description of the data item. This should include its purpose, uses, and application.
- Box 4 is for the approval date of the item. The office of primary responsibility is entered in Box 5. Boxes 6a and 6b are for the address of a Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) and a Government/Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) respectively - if the Government organization or a contractor is required to submit copies of the data to a DTIC or a GIDEP.
- Box 7 requires an identification and description of the data, an indication of source documents and items in the contractual application and an explanation of terms provided in the form.
- Box 8 is for the information on approval limitations. The applicable forms are specified in Box 9a. Box 9b is for the Acquisition Management Systems Control (AMSC) number.
- Preparation instructions are listed in Box 10. If the provided space is not enough, an additional copy of the form can be used as a continuation sheet with an indication of the continued item. Each page and the total number of pages should be specified in the lines provided at the bottom of the form.
- Box 11 is for any distribution statements, including the approval for public release or any restrictions.