Download DA Form 285-o Technical Report of U.S. Army Gound Accident - Statement of Reviewing Officials
How to Fill out DA Form 285-O?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the DA PAM 385-40 (Army Accident Investigations and Reporting), released in March 2015. DD Form 285-О instructions are as follows:
Section 1 - Initial Review - requires the reviewing official to provide their name, rank, title, and organization before stating their concurrence or non-concurrence with the findings and recommendations provided in the report. Any non-concurrences should be fully explained.
Section 2 - Army Headquarters Reviewing Authority Comments - is completed by the Army Headquarters Reviewing Authority and should include a list of actions taken along with any additional recommendations for preventing further accidents. If the provided space is not enough, officials are allowed to use a letter-size sheet of paper for additional information and attach it to the form.
The Army Headquarters Reviewing Authority or their designated representatives will provide their written concurrence or non-concurrence with the report made by the accident investigation board. This section should include any reasons for non-concurrence and the proposed actions.
The Reviewing Authority will take note of the recommendations done by the accident investigation board or subordinate reviewing officials.
Section 3 - Department of Army Review - is reserved for the comments made by the USACRC. The USACRC will follow up on the previously given recommendations and ensure that an appropriate DA-level action is taken.
Section 4 - Date of the Accident - requires the reviewing official to specify the date when the accident occured.
DA 285-B Related Forms
- DA Form 285, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident is a form used for reporting U.S. Army ground accidents of any class.
- DA Form 285-A, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index A is a form used for reporting Class A accidents that happen on Army grounds.
- DA Form 285-AB, U.S. Army Abbreviated Ground Accident Report (AGAR) is a report used for Class C to Class E ground accidents.
- DA Form 285-B, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index B is a form used for making reports of Class B ground accidents.
- DA Form 285-W, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Summary of Witness Interview is a form used to record interviews with the witnesses of accidents.