Download DA Form 285-b Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident - Index B
How to Fill out DA Form 285-B?
The DA form 285-B is a necessary part of an accident folder of a Class B accident. Accident folders used for each Class A and Class B accident to enclose the forms and the substantiating data submitted with the main reports.
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the DA PAM 385-40, released in March 2015. DD Form 285-B instructions are as follows:
- The date of the accident should be provided in Block 1.
- Block 2 is a table used for listing the supporting documents related to the accident and attached to the report. An X should be placed in the appropriate column to reflect whether the data in "enclosed", "not applicable" or the "requires remarks".
- Block 3 is for the remarks. These must include the information on any of the unavailable supporting documents listed in Block 2, whether delayed or unavailable. An estimated forwarding date is required for delayed data,. If the information is unavailable, the remarks must list the reasons for non-availability.
- Block 4 requires the names, signatures, grades, branches of service, unit addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of all members of the Accident Review Board.
DA 285-B Related Forms
- DA Form 285, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident is a form used for reporting any ground accidents of any class.
- DA Form 285-A, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Index A is a form used for reporting Class A ground accidents that happen in the U.S. Army.
- DA Form 285-AB, U.S. Army Abbreviated Ground Accident Report (AGAR) is a report used for Class C to Class E ground accidents.
- DA Form 285-O, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Statement of Reviewing Officials contains a statement of the officials authorized to record the details of the accident.
- DA Form 285-W, Technical Report of U.S. Army Ground Accident Summary of Witness Interview is a form used to record interviews with the witnesses of accidents.