How to Fill out DA Form 330?
Procedural guidelines and extra information can be found in the AR 11-6 (Army Foreign Language Program) released in February 2016. DA Form 330 instructions are as follows:
- Boxes 1 through 4 contain personal identifying information about the service member undergoing evaluation. Box 5 - Control Language - should be left blank.
- Boxes 6 and 7 require the soldier's Service Branch or Agency and their Service Component (Active, Army National Guard (ARNG) or Reserves).
- Box 8 is for specifying the organization and station of the service member.
- The columns in Box 9 are completed with the test results for each language evaluated. Multiple skills of the same language measured in the same day can be entered on one line. Skills evaluated on different days are entered on separate lines.
Boxes 9a and 9b are for the evaluated foreign language and its identification code. Boxes 9c, 9d and 9e identify the method through which the language skills were acquired with a code:
Civilian School A Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) B Foreign Residence C Home Environment D Military School other than DLIFLC F Self-Study E
- Box 10 rates the service member's listening, reading and speaking proficiency and specifies the method of evaluation.
- Box 11 provides the dates of each test taken.
The type of DoD Standard Test - DLPT-I, DLPT-II, DLRPT, DLPT-III, DLPT-IV, DLPT-5, or Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) - is identified in Box 12, Remarks.
- The lines in Box 13 provide the personal identifying information of the reporting official.