Civilian Service Commendation Medal
Civilian employees who have demonstrated excellent performance and have previously received other honorary or monetary performance awards may be considered for the Civilian Service Commendation Medal. Eligible employees must demonstrate the following levels of achievement:
- Setting an example of achievement by showing perfect performance.
- Devising new or improved equipment and conceiving inventions and work methods that improved the health and safety or reduced the expenses of their workplace.
- Improving the productivity of their unit by demonstrating leadership in their assigned tasks.
- Performing outstanding public relations services that resulted in positive publicity in the local area.
- Demonstrating courage or competence in an emergency situation while performing their assigned duties.
DA Form 4689 Related Publications
- The DA Form 7014 (Distinguished Civilian Service Medal) is an award granted by the SECARMY that consists of a medal, lapel button, and the citation certificate itself.
- The DA Form 7015 (Superior Civilian Service Medal) is an award, granted by the SECARMY, ACOMs, ASCCs, DRUs commanders or the AASA for HQDA.
- The DA Form 5655 (Meritorious Civilian Service Medal) and the DA Form 5654 (Civilian Service Achievement Medal) are two other awards that are given to civilian employees for commendable performance.
- The DA Form 5652 (Civilian Award for Humanitarian Service) is an award granted by the SECARMY or the commanders of ACOMs, ASCCs, DRUs for humanitarian service.