DA Form 5305 Instructions
Step-by-step guidelines and additional information about the DA 5305 can be found in the Army Regulation 600-20, Army Command Policy, released in November 2014. The form itself consists of 4 parts.
- Part I concerns the soldiers family care and consists of statements to accept. The individual filing must certify their agreement with their signature.
- Part II designates the guardian. The soldier has to provide the guardians' name and address.
- Part III is for dual military couples only and includes a certification of a spouse and their command.
- Part IV is reserved for the service member filing the form and their commander. The unit commander is the only person that can approve the DA 5305.
DA 5305 Related Forms
- DA Form 5841, Power of Attorney gives the guardian permission to take care of Soldiers underage children while they are absent.
- DA Form 5840, Certificate of Acceptance as Guardian or Escort certifies that the guardian understands and accepts their responsibilities.
- DD Form 1172-2 is an application for Uniformed Services Identification Card DEERS Enrollment.
- DD Form 2558 - Authorization to start, stop, or Change Allotment allows the soldier to request withdrawal of payment for care from their military pay. This form also allows to stop or change the sum taken.
- DA Form 5304, Family Care Plan Counseling Checklist documents that the commander consulted the service member on all conditions and required documents of the Family Care Plan.