What Is the Latest Version of the PS Form 8190?
The new PS Form 8190 became effective on March 17, 2016. The revised version was authorized in order to update the instructions portion of the form. This was done to reflect current USPS-NALC Joint Contract Administration Manual (JCAM) language.
In the revised version, you need to follow three steps. In the first step, you, as a grievant, submit a PS Form filled until Item 13. Enter your personal information and information about the grievance. Enter your supervisor's information.
The second step is used to record the process of a conflict resolution and attach appropriate documentation including the names and signatures of the persons involved in the grievance process. If the grievance is resolved at Formal Step A, proceed to Item 20, enter the principles of the agreement, and complete Items 21-22. If the grievance is not resolved at Formal Step A, you have to complete Items 16 through 22.
USPS Grievance Form
The form consists of three pages. The form itself is on the first and last pages. The instructions are on the second page. Some things to keep in mind:
- Union Stewards must send the original documents along with the PS Form 8190, contentions and steward summary;
- Stewards must keep in mind the timelines for the grievances;
- Each grievance should be mailed in a separate envelope;
- Each page in the grievance package should be numbered;
- The first page of the grievance should be the PS Form 8190, and should be fully completed;
- Right after the PS Form 8190, include a table of contents that correspond to the page numbers of the package.