Free Supply Inventory Templates
A Supply Inventory refers to a comprehensive list of items an entity uses daily to support its business activities.
- Supply Inventory List;
- Inventory Supply List.
Whether you are running an office and you need to keep track of stationery to ensure all the employees are able to do their desk jobs or you supervise the stock in a separate room or warehouse where you work with shipments, this tool will allow you to improve the efficiency of the employees, take the customer service to the next level, avoid overstocking, and forecast your revenue and expenses. Besides, the employee whose duty is to monitor the availability of supplies is going to assess the feasibility of ordering months' supply of inventory and compare it with a more common practice which is regular restocking.
For a full list of Supply Inventory templates please check out our library below.
Supply Inventory Template Types
- An Asset Inventory Template is prepared to describe various items of value that belong to a certain individual, family unit, or company - it may be necessary for internal audit, financial statements, or inheritance purposes;
- Stock Inventory Template. This spreadsheet is essential for businesses that rely upon the regular availability of items and components they sell whether they keep the supplies at the store or use a warehouse for large amounts of stock;
- Inventory Count Sheet. If your organization plans to reduce expenses and optimize the management of inventory on hand, it will be helpful to calculate the quantity of items and their total value;
- A Medical Supply Inventory List Template is completed in medical facilities - the employee in charge of ordering consumable items and checking the equipment required to carry out medical procedures will make sure all the supplies are accounted for.
How to Keep Track of Supply Inventory?
Follow these instructions to optimize the Supply Inventory Management in your company:
- Draw a simple table to include the information about supplies your organization has at its disposal. The contents of this instrument depend on the wishes of the person that creates it but in most instances, a proper inventory specifies the name of the item, its manufacturer, and a serial number or another identifier, describes the supply, points out the precise cost of the item and its quantity, and states the expiration date (if applicable).
- Note that it would be smart to divide the supplies into categories to eliminate confusion - for example, a medical facility is advised to draft several spreadsheets that provide a detailed overview of diagnostic tools and instruments, clothing items, steel utensils, and consumables like bandages, swabs, and gloves. If you are using software designed to count inventory, add formulas that calculate the total value of different categories of items to figure out how much money your facility spends on certain supplies and possibly lower the operating costs.
- Consider making two copies of the Supply Inventory template - an electronic spreadsheet can be easily shared online to let the person responsible for restocking the inventory at the right time know what supplies should be purchased on a priority basis while a printed-out table that indicates all the items currently present at the office or storeroom is necessary in case you have to replenish supplies daily or weekly. You may print out the Supply Inventory List and put it on the cabinet where you keep the items described in writing or on the wall next to it.
- Do your best to record information about the supplies that got delivered to the business - usually, a receptionist or office administrator can say when the order arrived and keep a receipt you later add to the business costs. This way, the inventory can be updated promptly and you will know the place will not run out of items that guarantee its smooth functioning. Moreover, the frequency of orders and modifications to the Inventory Supply List might persuade you to buy wholesale instead of conducting retail transactions which will also tackle the overspending.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below: