Free Medication List Templates
What Is a Medication List?
A printable Medication List is a spreadsheet that records and helps schedule the intake of most medications including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and dietary supplements. The list must include all medicines taken regularly or occasionally and all recently completed medicine courses that the patient has taken. Some templates allow patients to track caffeine, sugar, and alcohol consumption and record smoking history.
Many healthcare professionals require their patients to bring a complete list of medications to all appointments. The information gathered will then be used to assess the patient’s progress or to correct treatment. Patients are advised to record information about any allergies or intolerances to medicines so that the doctor doesn’t prescribe a similar drug again.
Forgetting to take a specifically prescribed drug at the right time may prove to be lethal. Medication List templates can be used at home on a daily basis in order to help patients keep track of the dosage, side effects, and instructions given by the prescribing physician. Many also include the option of recording the phone number of the physician that prescribed the medications in order to clear up any mix-ups if those occur.
You can find a full list of Medication List templates by checking out our library below.
Medication List Types
- Medication List Template. You may enter the names of drugs your doctor prescribed to you after a visit to a medical facility so that you maintain a proper record of your health history. Moreover, this instrument will remind you what drugs cannot be combined and what dosage is safe and effective enough for you at the moment;
- Daily Medication List Template. Patients, their families, and caregivers are advised to record all the medications, vitamins, and supplements the people dealing with certain health issues are supposed to take once a day or several times during the day. Specify the dosage of the medicine and write down how often it has to be taken to ensure the patient's health is safeguarded;
- Medical Supply Inventory List Template. It is difficult to know what supplies - including expensive medications and equipment - the hospital or clinic has at its disposal. Medical administrators responsible for the management of the place and restocking can monitor the medications they have available with the help of an itemized list so that the needs of the patients are always met.
How to Make a Medication List?
There are several ways to create a Medication List - they depend on the purpose of this instrument. See the instructions that will help you to customize a list of medications and ensure it is used appropriately:
- Whether you are keeping track of all the drugs you have in your medicine cabinet at home or in your office or a Medication List is a must due to your health condition, you can work on a printed-out document or an electronic list that will remind you what drugs should be purchased in the nearest future and what is the right dosage. Include the name of the medication, state how often you need to take it, add guidelines on how to take the drug in question, and indicate how long you have been taking it and who prescribed it to you.
- When you are making an inventory for a medical facility, you will list the medications alongside the equipment doctors regularly use for their work and expendable items such as swabs, gloves, and facial masks. Consider making a separate list of drugs your clinic should always have in stock. Highlight the medications you constantly run out of - in this case, a digital Medication List template synchronized with a calendar can be the best option.
- If you are dealing with a serious medical condition, it is highly recommended to share your Medication List with every healthcare provider you visit - the doctor will be able to see what drugs are used to treat your symptoms and avoid drug interactions that may be harmful to your health. Besides, your family member or caregiver should also have a copy of this document - this way, they will pass on information to a doctor in the event of an emergency if you cannot do it yourself.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates and forms below: