PS Form 1093 Application for Post Office Box Service
What Is a PS Form 1093?
PS Form 1093, Application for Post Office Box Service is used to get a post office box at a post office. A post office box is a uniquely addressable lockable box located on the premises of a post office station. There are three reasons to fill out a PS 1093 form:
- Security. To avoid having delivered packages sit on the doorstep, an individual makes sure their deliveries are safe and secure. If a package is too large to fit in the PO Box, it will be held at the post office;
- Privacy. Home address is kept private and important documents and communications remain confidential giving an individual a peace-of-mind;
- Accessibility. The mail can be received at an individual's convenience with 24/7 access in some locations and extended hours in others.
The latest version of the form was released by the United States Postal Office (USPS) in January 2012 with all previous editions obsolete. An up-to-date PS Form 1093 fillable version is available for download below or can be found through the USPS official website along with the related , PS Form 1093-A-S, and PS Form 1093-S - a Spanish version of this application.
Where Can I Get a PS Form 1093?
The USPS Form 1093 can be found online through the USPS official website. USPS PO Box application contains 4 pages, two of them are instructions.
The PO Box form includes the following bullets:
- This service is for the business/organization or residential/personal use;
- Name of the business/organization;
- Full name of the person applying;
- Full address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Box size(s) required: the box size determines its price;
- ID numbers for two items of valid identification;
- Names of all individuals, including members of a business receiving mail at this PO Box number;
- Names of the persons or representatives of the business/organization authorized to pick up mail addressed to this PO Box number;
- Terms and agreement for an optional automatic renewal payment. Renewal payments are due the last day of the month the service period ends. If the payment is late, an individual will not be able to access the mail in the PO Box.
The information on the form must always be current. As soon as any information changes (such as the street address, the telephone number, or the email address), an individual is responsible for updating the information. Failure to update this information may lead to termination of service.
A PO box can be reserved with an online account, or by opening a new account. Once an individual finds a PO box that is right for them and reserves it, the USPS PO box form can be printed, and taken to a post office with two acceptable forms of ID.
How to Apply for a PO Box Online?
The online application must be completed at the USPS official website. The first payment is made with a credit or debit card. Online registration is not available for Business Mail Pickup (Caller) Service or Qualifying No-Fee box customers. Whether people apply online or at a post office station, two valid forms of identification are required when they obtain their keys or combination at the post office where the PO Box is located. The IDs must be presented at a post office. One item must contain a photograph and one must be traceable to the bearer (prove the physical address). Both must be current. Acceptable forms of ID include:
Photo ID options:
- The valid driver's license or state non-driver's identification card;
- The armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card;
- The passport, the passport card, the alien registration card, or the certificate of naturalization.
Non-Photo ID Options:
- The current lease, the mortgage, or the deed of trust;
- The voter or vehicle registration card;
- The home or vehicle insurance policy.
Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.