Form JD-CV-106 Answer to Complaint - Civil Cases Only - Connecticut

This version of the form is not currently in use and is provided for reference only. Download this version of Form JD-CV-106 for the current year.

Form JD-CV-106 Answer to Complaint - Civil Cases Only - Connecticut

What Is Form JD-CV-106?

This is a legal form that was released by the Connecticut Superior Court - a government authority operating within Connecticut. As of today, no separate filing guidelines for the form are provided by the issuing department.


Q: What is Form JD-CV-106?
A: Form JD-CV-106 is an Answer to Complaint form for Civil Cases in Connecticut.

Q: Who needs to use Form JD-CV-106?
A: Any defendant in a civil case in Connecticut who has been served with a complaint needs to use Form JD-CV-106 to file their answer.

Q: What is the purpose of Form JD-CV-106?
A: The purpose of Form JD-CV-106 is for the defendant to respond to each allegation in the plaintiff's complaint and present any defenses or counterclaims they may have.

Q: How do I fill out Form JD-CV-106?
A: You need to carefully read the plaintiff's complaint and respond to each allegation. You should admit, deny, or state that you do not have enough information to admit or deny each allegation. You may also present any defenses or counterclaims in the appropriate sections of the form.

Q: Do I need to file Form JD-CV-106 within a specific deadline?
A: Yes, you should file Form JD-CV-106 within 30 days of being served with the complaint. However, the specific deadline may vary depending on the court rules and the type of case.

Q: What should I do after completing Form JD-CV-106?
A: Once you have completed Form JD-CV-106, you should make copies of it and file the original with the court clerk. You may also need to serve a copy on the plaintiff or their attorney as required by the court rules.

Q: Can I make changes to Form JD-CV-106 after filing it?
A: In general, it is difficult to make changes to a filed answer. Therefore, it is important to carefully review and double-check your answers before filing Form JD-CV-106.

Q: What happens after I file Form JD-CV-106?
A: After you file Form JD-CV-106, the case will proceed according to the court's schedule. You may be required to participate in further court proceedings, such as discovery and trial.

Q: Do I need an attorney to help me with Form JD-CV-106?
A: While it is not required, it is often helpful to seek the guidance of an attorney when completing legal forms like Form JD-CV-106. An attorney can ensure that your rights are protected and help you navigate the complexities of the legal process.


Form Details:

  • Released on May 1, 2014;
  • The latest edition provided by the Connecticut Superior Court;
  • Easy to use and ready to print;
  • Quick to customize;
  • Compatible with most PDF-viewing applications;
  • Fill out the form in our online filing application.

Download a fillable version of Form JD-CV-106 by clicking the link below or browse more documents and templates provided by the Connecticut Superior Court.

Download Form JD-CV-106 Answer to Complaint - Civil Cases Only - Connecticut

4.4 of 5 (46 votes)
  • Form JD-CV-106 Answer to Complaint - Civil Cases Only - Connecticut, Page 1