Download AF Form 594 Application and Authorization to Start, Stop or Change Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) or Dependency Redetermination
How to Fill Out AF Form 594?
AF Form 594 instructions are as follows:
- Part A is for providing information on the Service Member's identification and duty location.
- Block 1, Name. Enter your full name;
- Block 2, SSN. Enter your social security number;
- Block 3, Grade. Enter your grade;
- Block 4, Phone. Provide your phone number;
- Block 5a, Duty station. Enter the location of your duty station, include ZIP code;
- Block 5b, Email address. Enter your email address.
- Part B is for specifying marital and dependent status.
- Block 6. Check the appropriate box indicating your marital and dependent status. If your spouse is a service member, provide their name, social security number, the branch of service, duty station and date of marriage. If you are divorced or legally separated, provide the date of the divorce of separation. Provide the originals of the supporting documentation that proves the information you entered in this block;
- If you are married, provide a marriage certificate. If you have dependents, provide the youngest child's birth certificate;
- If you are divorced and want to certify custodial dependency, provide the divorce decree showing custody and the youngest child's birth certificate. If you are divorced and certifying non-custodial dependency, provide the divorce decree showing child support amount and the youngest child's birth certificate;
- If you are legally separated, provide the legal separation decree and the youngest child's birth certificate;
- Block 7, Non-custodial parents. This block is applicable only for service members certifying non-custodial dependency. Indicate, whether you pay the full amount of dependent support or a certain sum per month. Indicate the supporting document type as well;
- Block 8. Provide information about your civilian dependents, both in your and not your custody. Enter the following information in the table: the name of the dependent, the address, relationship to you, and date of birth;
- Block 9. This block is applicable if a child mentioned in Block 8 is a child of your spouse who is a service member. This block should contain the spouse's name, their SSN, the branch of service, and the station.
- Part C is applicable only for service members with dependents. This part should contain a certification of the provided supporting documentation.
- If this form is not the first application submitted, enter the date of the last application you filed. Sign and date the form.
- Any additional commentary, if any, should be entered in the "Additional Information" block. The box in the bottom of the sheet is for official uses only, leave it blank.