Bill of Sale of a Movable - Louisiana
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
The Louisiana Bill of Sale of a Movable is a form filled out to document the sale of a vehicle in the state of Louisiana. The document was issued by the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections.
- Louisiana Car Bill of Sale;
- Louisiana Vehicle Bill of Sale;
- Louisiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale.
You can download a printable Louisiana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form through the link below.
What Is a Louisiana Vehicle Bill of Sale?
This form is a part of mandatory documentation signed during the sale of any kind of car within the state. It may be requested by the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles during car registration by a new owner in cases where the car title does not contain the date of sale, purchase price, the signature of the seller, or the signature of the buyer. The document contains basic important information necessary for the registration of the described vehicle. It is key proof that substantiates the fact of sale and protects the legal claims of both the seller and the buyer.
How to Sell a Vehicle in Louisiana?
Selling a car in Louisiana does not require a lot of documentation. In order to complete the process without getting into trouble with the state authorities, follow these tips:
- Make sure there are no liens on the vehicle you sell. If any unreleased liens are shown on the front of the Title, you need to obtain the original release document from the holder of this lien before you can sell the car;
- Fill out all fields necessary to assign the Title on the back part of it. Note, that Louisiana laws require you to assign the Title in front of a notary public. The State does not accept Titles without proper notarization. When filling out the document, use only blue or black ink. Remember that you are not allowed to cross out or erase anything, nor are you allowed to use "white-out." Any error can void the Title;
- Fill out a Bill of Sale for the car;
- Do not forget that a car license plate is not transferable and will need to be removed before you sell your vehicle. Surrender the license plate to a local Office of Motor Vehicles before you cancel your car insurance;
- You can notify the Office of Motor Vehicles of the car sale by submitting Form DPSMV1697 (VEH-30), Notice of Transfer of Vehicle. The Notice can be submitted in an electronic form at the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections;
- Keep copies of the front and back part of the title, your copy of the Bill of Sale, and other documents related to the sale for your records.
For a Vehicle Bill of Sale in Louisiana to be legally accepted by a government agency, it must contain the following information:
- The name of the parish where the deal takes place.
- The name of the seller.
- The name of the buyer.
- Information about the transferred vehicle - its make, model, year, and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- The sales price of the car.
- The date of sale.
- The date the document was signed.
- Signatures of both parties.
Does a Vehicle Bill of Sale Need to Be Notarized in Louisiana?
Yes, a Vehicle Bill of Sale is not considered legal without a notary public's certification.
Trouble finding a particular form? Take a look at these related forms below:
Download Bill of Sale of a Movable - Louisiana