Cash Register Balance Sheet Template
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
A Cash Register Balance Sheet is a simple tool that you can have employees complete at the end of each business day and review on a weekly or monthly basis. A printable Cash Register Balance Sheet template can be downloaded through the link below.
If you manage a business that requires using a cash register (whether digital or physical cash), keeping a daily Cash Register Balance Sheet is necessary to track how the business is performing over time.
How to Balance a Cash Register?
To balance a cash register using a Simple Cash Register Balance Sheet, create a document with the following steps to complete each day:
- Your company's business name and logo.
- A clearly labeled sheet with Cash Register Balance Sheet at the top of the form.
- Each sheet should have a space to write today's date and the day of the week near the top of the form.
- Include how much money should be in the cash register at the start of every day. List the total amount of each coin and paper bill in the register at opening.
- Create a column that lists the total amount of the final totals for each day for each type of purchase or return (this will be a subtotal of the day's profits and expenditures).
- At the end of the day, record the total currency in the register, and record all the credit and debit transactions in a separate column from the cash section.
- If any store gift cards or coupons were used, record the total amount of each;
- If any returns were made to the business, record the total amount in this same column.
- Create an additional column to the right of the subtotal column. Add together the totals for all purchases made, this will be the total amount of profits or sales made for the day.
- Find the total for all returns and combine this with the total amount of money that was in the cash register at the start of the day. This will be the total amount of expenditures for the day.
- Subtract the expenditures total from the profits total and record this amount at the bottom of the page as Net Sales.
- Record if the amount is over the initial total in the cash register or if profits were short for the day.
- Include a section for any additional notes the employee would want to make.
- At the bottom of the Cash Register Balance Sheet include a section for the employee to write their name in print and a signature section.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below:
Download Cash Register Balance Sheet Template