How to Fill out DA Form 3955?
An overview of the form and additional guidelines can be found in the Army Regulation 600-8-3, Postal Operations, released in February 2016. DA Form 3955 filling instructions are as follows:
- Boxes 1 through 6 are for personal identifying information. The top line of the form is for name and grade of the soldier and for the purge data, if applicable. Then next lines require the name of the new organization, a Department of Defense (DoD) ID number and a box number.
- Box 7 is for the old mailing address of the soldier, including a box number, if any, and a ZIP code. Below is the box for specifying the date of soldier's departure.
- The new address with ZIP code should be provided in Box 8. Below this box is a line for specifying the date of arrival to the new organization. Box 11 is for the soldier's email address.
- All authorized family members should be listed in Box 12. Box 13 should contain the information on the status of the soldier's move. If the move is temporary, Box 14 should contain the date when the forwarding of the mail must end.
- Box 15 should indicate whether the new mailing address will apply to the soldier only or if it will become the new address for the whole family (specified in Box 12).