What Is a Punch Card?
A Punch Card is a small card that is used by businesses to observe the spending habits of customers. It acts as an incentive for customers to keep returning to the business to make purchases.
- Time Punch Card.
Usually, there are certain conditions that a customer has to meet i.e. spending a certain amount or buying a certain product. For every time that a customer does this, their Punch Card is punched using a Punch Card machine in certain places. Once a customer has finished their Punch Card, they will be eligible for a reward.
However, using a Punch Card is not only a great way to reward clients. In a business setting, it can also be used to monitor staff and record certain information. Most simply, it can be used to monitor the clock in time at work which will print the time and date on an employee’s card. This is an effective way to ensure all of your staff arrive to work on time and exposes those who are frequently late, giving you the chance to take disciplinary action.
For a full list of Punch Card templates please feel free to check out our library below.
How to Make a Punch Card?
As a business, no matter what your reward program is, you need to ensure that you have a professional Punch Card design. Creating an effective Punch Card and combining it with a thoroughly thought-out reward program can significantly increase sales and encourage customer loyalty. Consider using your top tips when making your original Punch Card:
- If you want your design to be minimalistic and not use any photographs, include all of the relevant business information including the logo in an appropriate font so that it can be easily read;
- If you want to use a photograph as the main background, avoid adding your company logo and other unnecessary images as it will make your card look crammed and unprofessional;
- When a business comes up with a rewards or loyalty program, they always have a name. You can write the name of the reward program on the card so that customers know exactly what they are a part of;
- Make sure you add contact details should any questions about your business or the rewards program arise from customers;
- Leave space for the icons that need to be punched. You can also number them or add relevant images. For example, if the Punch Card is for a coffee shop and the reward is a free coffee after completing the card, you can use images of a coffee. The final icon should make it clear that a reward is pending;
- If there are any specific limitations or conditions regarding the promotion on offer, you can outline all of this information on the back of the card. Keep the font size small and make the sentences simple – enough for the customer to be able to read and understand all of the presented information.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below: