What Is DA Form 2166 Series?
The DA Form 2166 Series is a compilation of Department of the Army (DA) documents that are required for a Non-commissioned Officer (NCO) evaluation report. The report is needed to perform yearly evaluations of Non-commissioned officers. The DA 2166 Forms are to be completed by supervising evaluating officers and senior raters.
The forms require them to provide their assessment of the NCO’s yearly performance and potential with additional comments and final overall marking the NCO’s effort: whether the NCO has exceeded, met, or failed to meet the standards given.
- DA Form 2166-8, NCO Evaluation Report, is a United States Military form used for an NCO evaluation report. This report is needed for a yearly evaluation of a Non-commissioned officer working within the Army. This form has to be completed by supervising officers. The task of the supervising officer or officers is to decide whether the NCO meets all of the Army’s core values and to provide any additional comments about their overall performance.
- DA Form 2166-8-1, NCOER Counseling and Support Form, is an Army form required for additional data collection during an NCO yearly evaluation report. Although the form used to be an evaluation report in and of itself, it is now referred to as a Counseling and Support form. The form is also completed by supervising officers.
- DA Form 2166-9-1, NCO Evaluation Report, SGT, is a form used for rating and evaluating NCOs after promotion to SGT (including promotion to SGT following a reduction). This is a direct report. The form requires evaluating officer and the senior rater to provide an assessment of the NCO’s yearly performance and potential.
- DA Form 2166-9-1A, NCOER Support Form, is a support form for the DA 2166-9-1 evaluation report. The NCO being evaluated should receive counseling from a senior rater at least twice during the rating period. In this form, NCO should provide goals and expectations, along with the evaluation or their professionalism, performance, attributes, and competencies. The senior rater can provide additional comments, if necessary.
- DA Form 2166-9-2, NCO Evaluation Report, SSG-1SG/MSG, is a United States Army form used for a yearly rating of the NCOs from Staff Sergeants to Master Sergeants. This form, as other NCOER forms, requires raters and the senior raters to evaluate the NCO’s yearly efforts.
- DA Form 2166-9-3, NCO Evaluation Report, CSM/SGM, is a US Army form used for the evaluation of an NCO in the rank of Command Sergeant Major and Sergeant Major. Evaluation officers, together with senior raters are to provide an evaluation of the NCO’s performance.
This form is used for a yearly evaluation of a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO). It is completed and signed by a supervising officer.
This form is used for a yearly rating of Staff Sergeant to Master Sergeant for non-commissioned officers. It is a part of the DA 2166-9 series that contains six rank-specific performance assessment reports in total.
This form is used for rating and evaluating of non-commissioned officers after their promotion to the rank of a Sergeant (SGT) including promotion to SGT following a reduction.
This form is used for the evaluation of non-commissioned officers in the rank of Command Sergeant Major and Sergeant Major. t is a part of the DA 2166-9 series that contains several rank-specific performance assessment reports.
This document is required for a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) yearly evaluation along with the DA Form 2166-8, NCO Evaluation Report.
This form is used for gathering information as a support document during an evaluation of a non-commissioned officer ranked Sergeant. It is a part of the DA 2166-9 series that contains several rank-specific performance assessment reports.