DA Form 2166-9-2 Instructions
The DA Form 2166-9-2 is regulated by the Department of the Army Pamphlet 623-3 (Evaluation Reporting System) released in November 2015. The SSG-1SG/MSG NCO Evaluation Report consists of five parts that are filled out by either the rated officer or the raters. The five-part form includes the following sections:
- A section with administrative data;
- An authentication;
- A description of the NCO's duties;
- An evaluation of performance, professionalism, attributes, and competencies;
- An assessment of the officer's overall potential.
- The first part of the form requires the NCO's personal information. The rater is asked to provide the NCO's name, their personal email address, social security number, information about their unit, rank, the reason for submitting the report, the covered periods, the rated months, the nonrated codes and the number of enclosures.
- The second part of the form provides information about the staff that will be giving their assessment on the NCO's performance and professionalism. This part consists of both raters' personal information along with their rank, branch of service and organization.
- Another part of the second section is dedicated to a supplementary rater if there is a need to introduce a supplementary rater into the rating chain.
- The third and fourth sections of the form are to be completed by the rater in charge of performing the evaluation based on the provided criteria. The sections require a description of the NCO's duties and a brief assessment of their character, presence, intellectual abilities, leadership skills, the potential for development and an attitude for achieving results.
- After all of the sections are completed and signed, a senior rater is advised to provide additional comments about the NCO's performance in Section 5.