How to Fill out DA Form 7222?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the AR 690-400, Chapter 4302 Total Army Performance Evaluation System, revised on October 16, 1998. DA Form 7222 instructions are as follows:
- Part I requires administrative identifying data about the Ratee. This includes their full name, the information on their position, the name of the organization or installation and their MOS. The first part of the form is also used specifying the purpose of the report, marking it as an annual, special or intern appraisal.
- Part II is for identifying the rating chain. Each Rater has to provide the following information: their full name; their grade or rank; the organization and duty assignment prior to signing and dating the form. The rated person also signs the second part of the form.
- Nominations and approvals of performance-based rewards and QSIs should be indicated in Part III.
- Parts IV and V are intended for duty descriptions and bullet comments respectively. Part VI requires specifying whether the DA Form 374 of the Ratee is correct.
- The second page of the form should contain the Ratee's name and the covered period in the top line of the form. A performance evaluation and a performance rating should be provided in Part VI. Part VII is filled in by the Intermediate Rater if they took part in the rating chain.
- Part VIII is for the overall evaluation of performance. An unsuccessful rating must be accompanied by a review made by a Senior Rater. Part IX is reserved for any comments the Senior Rater may have. This part should indicate whether the supporting DA 7222-1 Form was attached and taken into consideration. A negative answer must be explained.
- The document must be signed by the rating chain and the Ratee to be valid.
- The completed annual appraisals are prepared in three copies. The original form is kept by the Ratee, one copy should be submitted to the Civilian Personnel Office, and the second copy is kept by the Rater.
- In case any mistakes are found on the DA 7222, a new document should be prepared and signed by the appropriate Raters. All of the official copies containing the error should be destroyed.