Download DD Form 2760 Qualification to Possess Firearms or Ammunition
DD Form 2760 Instructions
The DD 2760 Form filing process is simple with all lines of the form being mostly self-explanatory.
- The form includes two sections in total: Section I contains instructions and a list of conditions under which a person is regarded as having committed a crime of domestic violence.
- Section 2 is called the Qualification Inquiry.
- The first block requires the information on whether you have ever been convicted of domestic violence as described in the previous section and requires entering your initials and the date of filing in the corresponding box. Get legal assistance or contact a private attorney if you are not sure that you have been convicted in connection to domestic violence.
- If your answer to the first question was YES, you must continue to block two and provide details on the conviction. The required information includes the name of the court and its jurisdiction, the docket or case number, the statute, the charge, and the date of conviction. If the answer was NO, this part must be left blank.
- The third part of Section II requires personal identifying information. This includes your name, rank, SSN, etc. This data is necessary to verify your identity.
The DD Form 2760 should be verified with your signature and submitted to a commander or immediate supervisor within ten days after receiving the form.