DD Form 1348-2 Issue Release/Receipt Document With Address Label
What Is DD Form 1348-2?
DD Form 1348-2, Issue Release/Receipt Document with Address Label is a form used within the DoD for selecting, packing, shipping, and receiving various materials. It also serves as a receipt transaction and as a method to automate the capture of data via automatic identification technology (AIT) devices.
This form – sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DA Form 1348-2 – was last revised by the Department of Defense in February 1989. A fillable DD Form 1348-2 is available for download and e-filing below or can be found on the Executive Services Directorate website.
Download DD Form 1348-2 Issue Release/Receipt Document With Address Label
DD Form 1348-2 Instructions
The document is filled out when arranging shipments to the Department of Defense customers, including sales to foreign military agencies. It can be prepared either digitally, including all necessary barcodes, or manually. The Branch of Service or Agency may authorize the use of carbonless paper for a preprinted document. The paper may be of any color, but it must provide a minimum contrast required by ISO/IEC.
The address label with pre-printed postage data is allowed only for shipments done by the U.S. Postal Service. It should contain the following information:
- Postage data – the bottom line of the block usually contains the phrase “Official Business”.
- TCN - includes the corresponding transportation control number.
- Weight - intended for the weight of the shipped item.
- Type Service - requires entering the type of delivery service, like express mail, Military ordinary mail, first class priority, etc.
- From - for indicating the mailing address of the shipper, including zip code.
- Ship-to - requires the mailing address of the activity that will receive the shipment and the mark-for data, usually indicated above the city, state and zip code. The same block may also include the port of embarkation (POE) data if necessary.
DD 1348-2 Related Forms
- DD Form 1348, DOD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual);
- DD Form 1348-1A, Issue Release/Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-5, Notice of Availability/Shipment;
- DD Form 1348-6, DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual - Long Form);
- DD Form 1348-7, DoD MILSPETS DFSP Shipment and Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-8, DoD MILSPETS: DFSP Inventory Accounting Document and End-Of-Month Report.