How to Fill Out the DA Form 31?
Start with downloading a fillable DA form 31. Your application will be rejected if any of the blocks are not completely filled out or provide false or inaccurate data.
- The first four Boxes are simple and include your personal information: your name, social security number, and rank. Enter the date of filing the form Box 5.
- The sixth Box should include the address of your destination. Check the appropriate type of leave in Box 7. Enter your stationing information in Box 8. Specify the length of your leave in Boxes 9 and 10.
- Boxes 11 through 13 are for your personal signature and for the signature of your supervisor with the authority to approve your request.
- Boxes 14 through 16 are for documenting any extensions to your leave as well as the dates and times of your departure and arrival. Box 16 will require precise information and must be filed exactly upon arriving at your destination.
- Section II is filled only if requesting emergency leave.
- The third section is for providing information about any dependents that will travel with you. If this is applicable, you will need to insert the full name of the person, your relationship to that dependent, their date of birth and passport number.
The DA Form 31 with digital signature must be then be forwarded or printed out and given to your superiors for approval. Your army leave form must always be with you when traveling. Notify your commander immediately if your leave destination changes during your travel. Report to a military medical facility if you require medical treatment while on leave.
DA 31 Form FAQ
What regulation covers DA Form 31?
The DA 31 is covered by Army Regulation 600-8-10 - Leaves and Passes issued on the 4th of August, 2011.
When filling out DA Form 31 where do you find Line 9 a?
Line 9a is located directly below Box 9. List the overall number of days leave you have in this line.
What do I put in the Control Number Box for DA Form 31?
Leave the Control Number Box blank when filing. A control number is assigned by the S1 after the form is approved by your team leader and platoon sergeant.
How to edit DA Form 31?
The form is fully editable: open the form within a new browser tab or on your desktop through Adobe Acrobat Reader.