How to Fill Out DA Form 7666?
An overview of the form and all applicable filing guidelines can be found in the Army Regulation 600-20, Army Command Policy, released in November 2014. DA Form 7666 instructions are as follows:
- First, the soldier has to enter their name in the first line of the form, then provide the name of the second parent, then the name of the child and their date and place of birth.
- The next several lines are meant for providing information on where and with whom the child currently primarily resides.
- Lines (a) and (b) provide information on the soldier's deployment period.
- The next line requires the name of the person who will serve as the child's temporary physical guardian while the soldier is performing their duties.
- The DA 7666 is then signed by the service member and certified by a notary public and then by the other parent, who must also have their signature notarized.
DA 7666 Related Forms
- DA Form 5304, Family Care Plan Counseling Checklist, is a related form that must be signed by the Commanding Officer or the Commander;
- DA Form 5305, Family Care Plan, is a form filed by soldiers seeking assistance with child care while they are on active duty trips.
- DA Form 5840, Certificate of Acceptance as Guardian or Escort, is a form made for each guardian - whether temporary or long-term - and certified by a private notary;
- DA Form 5841, Power of Attorney, is a form used to designate a guardian for child care during a soldier's absence.
- DD Form 1172, Application for Uniformed Service Identification Cards/DEERS Enrollment, is a form used for enrolling in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System for certain benefits and privileges.
- DD Form 2558, Authorization to Start, Stop, or Change Allotment, is a form used for maintaining a record of all allotments and ensuring that any starts, changes, and stops are in keeping with the wishes of the service member.