Form C100 Application Under the Children Act 1989 for a Child Arrangements, Prohibited Steps, Specific Issue Section 8 Order or to Vary or Discharge a Section 8 Order - United Kingdom
What Is Form C100?
Form C100, Application Under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989, is a written statement completed by the parent who wishes to obtain a court order to amend existing custody arrangements. Whether you seek to determine who will take care of the children or how often they come to stay at your place, this is the document for you.
This document was issued by the United Kingdom HM Courts & Tribunals Service on August 1, 2018, with all previous editions obsolete. Download a fillable C1 Form through the link below.
Where Do I Send My C100 Form?
Mail a paper copy of Form C100 to the Designated Family Centre in your area or the local court if you need an urgent hearing. The current C100 Form fee is £215. You can pay online, with a debit or credit card, or using cash or a check.
How to Fill Out C100 Form?
Follow these steps to prepare the C100 Form:
- Confirm your consent to attend mediation. Sign the document to agree to present proof of attendance.
- Enter the names of the parties to the case. Select the order you are requesting and describe it.
- If you believe the children named in the application have experienced or risked harm, check the boxes to indicate your concerns.
- Check the appropriate boxes to specify the particulars of the application.
- Provide information about your children - their names, genders, dates of birth. List the necessary orders and state the parties' relationship to each child.
- Answer several questions to describe children's current situation, including whether children's services have ever been contacted, if the children belong to a child protection plan, etc.
- Certify you have attended a mediation meeting before filing this application. There is a list of possible grounds for exemption - choose the one that applies to you and be prepared to present evidence to support your position.
- Obtain certification of the mediator who will confirm the attendance or exemption from the mediation.
- Outline the reasons for making the application (write down a brief summary).
- If you need an urgent hearing, provide a reason and request a hearing without notice if necessary.
- If there are any proceedings that involve the children listed in the form, indicate their details and enclose copies of relevant orders.
- In case there are jurisdiction issues, factors that affect any party's ability to be present at a hearing, or special arrangements for court attendance, check the appropriate boxes and describe your needs.
- Record the personal details of the applicant and the respondent (including the names, genders, dates of birth, places of birth, and contact information of both parties). When responding to a C100 Form, the other party will not know your address if you prefer to keep it confidential.
- Name the people who must be notified of the application and identify the solicitor who represents you.
Examine the checklist, confirm the information in the form is true, write down your name, sign and date the document, and choose the method of payment for the court fees. Alternatively, it can be prepared and signed by a solicitor.
Download Form C100 Application Under the Children Act 1989 for a Child Arrangements, Prohibited Steps, Specific Issue Section 8 Order or to Vary or Discharge a Section 8 Order - United Kingdom