DD Form 1348 DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual)
What Is DD Form 1348?
DD Form 1348, DOD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual) is a form used for different types of requisitions, including requisition follow-up, modification, and cancellation. The document can also be applied as tracer request on overdue shipments that were sent by certified, insured or registered mail.
The document – sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DA Form 1348 – was last revised by the U.S. Department of Defense in July 1991. A fillable DD Form 1348 version is available for download below or can be found on the Executive Services Directorate website. The previous edition of the document is not obsolete and can also be used.
Download DD Form 1348 DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual)
DD Form 1348 Instructions
The DD 1348 form can be completed digitally, by typewriter or with a ballpoint pen. The information in this form is mostly represented with codes.
The document is available in three types of sets: a two-part set, a four-part set, and a six-part set. Each set has its own purpose.
- The two-part form is usually used for requisition follow-up, modification, or cancellation, as well as for tracer requests. This set is applied by the non-automated (manually supplied) ships.
- The main purpose of the four-part form is for making requisition from shore activities.
- The final six-part form is typically applied when it is necessary to make a requisition from other non-automated ships. The same set can also be used for requisitioning from automated ships upon request.
DD 1348 Related Forms
- DD Form 1348-1A, Issue Release/Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-2, Issue Release/Receipt Document with Address Label;
- DD Form 1348-5, Notice of Availability/Shipment;
- DD Form 1348-6, DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual - Long Form);
- DD Form 1348-7, DoD MILSPETS DFSP Shipment and Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-8, DoD MILSPETS: DFSP Inventory Accounting Document and End-Of-Month Report.