Letter of Recommendation for Medical School Templates and Samples
What Is a Letter of Recommendation for Medical School?
A Letter of Recommendation for Medical School is a document written to support a particular student’s application to enroll in a medical school, to describe their background, and demonstrate they are well-suited for a career as a healthcare provider. The details provided in the letter will help to determine whether the applicant has a chance to succeed in the long term.
The best medical schools are on the lookout for the best applicants, so a properly written recommendation will allow the admission committee to learn more about the candidate and make the right choice. Browse the library of letters below to find the one you need.
Letter of Recommendation for Medical School Types
- Generic Letter of Recommendation for Medical School. This generic template can be used by any person asked to prepare a recommendation for a prospective medical student - you can list qualities that make the applicant a great candidate for enrollment.
- Sample Letter of Recommendation for Medical School From Professor. Draft a recommendation for your student emphasizing their academic successes and your own experience with them.
- Sample Letter of Recommendation for Medical School From Doctor. Composed by the medical professional who was the applicant's boss or colleague or studied with them, this recommendation will be invaluable for the future student.
- Sample Letter of Recommendation for Medical School From Employer. If you are willing to confirm your employee works well under pressure and has always been interested in a medical profession, you can help them to achieve their dream of becoming a medical student.
What to Include in a Letter of Recommendation for Medical School?
A strong Letter of Recommendation for medical school should contain these details:
- Name and personal details of the medical school applicant;
- Date when the recommendation was given;
- Explanation of the relationship between the writer and applicant;
- List of accomplishments and achievements to provide the basis of recommendation;
- Potential contributions the applicant can make to the school;
- Unique credentials, skills, characteristics. If you have proof the applicant has any certificates or accolades, you may state them as well;
- Results of the prior work of the applicant and your teamwork;
- Reasons the applicant will succeed;
- Your signature and contact information.
Not the letter you were looking for? Check out these related templates: