A Response to a Cease and Desist Letter is used to respond to a claim that you have infringed on a business's intellectual or trademark property. Whether you accept or deny the claims made in the letter, you will want to address this matter immediately to avoid further legal troubles. A Sample Response to a Cease and Desist Letter can be found through the link below.
To begin writing a Response to a Cease and Desist Letter include the following information:
- Title of the response letter.
- The claimant's name and address.
- Opening Salutation.
- State that you are responding to the cease and desist letter and the date it was received.
- Acknowledge whether you accept or deny the claims made in the letter.
- If you accept the claims, state clearly what changes you will make to avoid further legal issues;
- If you deny the claims, state what you believe to be an untrue statement and provide any supporting trademark or patent information that support your counterargument. Be aware this could result in additional legal challenges.
- Close your response letter with a statement reaffirming the details of the letter and the action you will be taking.
- Closing salutation and signature.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates and samples below: