What Is a Gift Certificate?
A Gift Certificate is a card or coupon that gives its user the right to choose merchandise of a specific monetary value from a business or utilize various services for free. Usually, it is purchased by someone directly from the store and then given as a present to a family member, friend, or colleague. Businesses can draft a Blank Gift Certificate and modify it during holidays - Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, etc.
This marketing tool naturally encourages clients to purchase your products and use your services. If the customer is satisfied with what your company has to offer for free, there is a large probability this individual will return again to spend money on your goods and services and maybe even become a regular customer.
To see a full collection of Gift Certificate templates and designs please check out our library below.
How to Make a Gift Certificate?
There is no need to hire a graphic designer to help you with Gift Certificate Ideas. You will find diverse Gift Certificate Designs suitable for any business - a clothing store, beauty salon, or bookstore - on our website. Follow these steps to create a Gift Certificate for your business:
- Use a colorful background - make the certificate different from the rest of the documents, cards, and papers the person may have at their disposal. If the potential customer puts the certificate in their wallet or purse, it should be bright enough to encourage them to visit your store and redeem the certificate.
- Insert your logo and slogans the company is famous for to increase brand recognition. Brand awareness is crucial, and a correctly designed Gift Certificate Template will make your business stand out among others and reach people that might not have known about your products or services without this opportunity.
- Write the sum of money the certificate holder is allowed to spend in the store.
- Add the expiration date to motivate the individual to use the certificate as soon as possible - otherwise, they may wait months before coming to your place.
- If you plan to sell certificates with different prices, you can use different colors to differentiate between them and facilitate the process of selling for your cashiers. Alternatively, you may leave a line where the cashier writes down the value of the certificate the buyer of the card is willing to pay.
- Advertise your Gift Certificates online and in your store - you can place them by the cash register or near the entrance to attract people's attention.
Do not forget - you can change or add any elements to the certificate to match your company branding. You can also list other terms and conditions on the reverse side of the certificate or, if there are too many of them, offer your prospective customer to learn more about the Gift Certificate online by providing them with a link to your website. During a festive period, dedicate a special page online to your Gift Certificates and tell people how to purchase and use them.
Related Templates and Tags:
- Raffle Ticket Templates;
- Rebate Forms;
- Coupon Templates.