Decided to broaden your horizons and visit a foreign country? Want to go see your relatives and friends who live far away? Or you operate a successful organization and want to forge strong business connections and find new business opportunities in the U.S.? Our library of printable up-to-date forms released by the U.S. Department of State will help you out: select the correct DS Form in our guide and arrange a trip for yourself, your family, and colleagues.
Popular U.S. Department of State (DS) Forms
The documents below are among the most widely used DS Forms. If you are thinking about your first international travel, want to visit the U.S. or reside here permanently, or you already possess a required document but it must be corrected because there are mistakes or omissions, feel free to download the forms we provide and explore the filing process. A passport will safeguard your interests if you are a U.S. citizen traveling abroad and ensure assistance from the local consulate or embassy if you show your identification. Visas, on the other hand, are usually prepared by foreigners who require temporary visits or want to build a life and professional career in the U.S.
- Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport, is a standard form used to apply for a passport book, passport card, or both forms of identification at once. Whether you are an American citizen or national, this is the main document to use when you get your first passport;
- Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card, informs the authorities your passport was stolen or lost. Note that you will not be requesting a new document to replace the passport you do not possess anymore - the authorities will simply invalidate your old passport so that no one else uses it;
- Form DS-86, Statement of Non-Receipt of a U.S. Passport, is prepared when you have requested the issuance of a passport, the application was approved, but the document was not delivered to you within three months;
- Form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Investor Application. If you are a citizen of a country the U.S. engages in navigation or commerce with and you wish to enter the U.S. to participate in trade and develop the operations of your business, this is the document for you;
- Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16. This document is to be prepared by the parent of the individual under sixteen years of age if they cannot appear alongside the other parent when their child files an application for a passport. Sign your consent in the presence of a notary public to grant your child permission to get a passport.
Browse DS Forms by Category
Whether you're looking to visit your family or friends, relocating to a different country, or are planning to go abroad for business-related purposes, you will need to submit the necessary documentation that permits you to travel and return. Applying for various passports and visas that identify individuals and prove their citizenship and nationality will also require filing the appropriate DS Forms.
Browse the links below for a full list of the latest DS fillable forms sorted by type and sub-category.
DS Forms — 0-1000
- Form DS-10, Birth Affidavit;
- Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport;
- Form DS-60, Affidavit Regarding a Change of Name;
- Form DS-63, Education Allowance Questionnaire;
- Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport;
- Form DS-66, Nomination for Award;
- Form DS-82, U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals;
- Form DS-86, Statement of Non-Receipt of a Passport;
- Form DS-109, Separation Statement;
- Form DS-117, Application to Determine Returning Resident Status;
- Form DS-156-E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Investor Application Use with Form DS-156/I-129;
- Form DS-157, Supplemental SIV Chief of Mission Application;
- Form DS-158, Special Immigration Visa Supervisor Locator;
- Form DS-160, Electronic Nonimmigrant Visa Application;
- Form DS-174, Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member;
- Form DS-234, Special Immigrant Visa Biodata Form;
- Form DS-260, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration;
- Form DS-261, Electronic Choice of Address and Agent;
- Form DS-298, Interagency Post Employee Position Description.
DS Forms — 1000-2000
- Form DS-1031-A, Biographic Data Sheet;
- Form DS-1504, Request for Customs Clearance of Merchandise;
- Form DS-1622, Medical History and Examination for Children 11 Years and Under;
- Form DS-1648, Application for A, G, or NATO Visa;
- Form DS-1663, Report of Mishap;
- Form DS-1664, Overseas Motor Vehicle Mishap Report;
- Form DS-1812, Merit Promotion Program Applicant Appraisal;
- Form DS-1843, Medical History and Examination for Individuals Age 12 and Over;
- Form DS-1884, Petition to Classify Special Immigrant Under INA 203(b) (4) as an Employee or Former Employee of the U.S. Government Abroad;
- Form DS-1923, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- Form DS-1950, Application for Employment;
- Form DS-1952, Extra Mile Award;
- Form DS-1963, Home Safety Checklist for Teleworkers;
- Form DS-1968, Quality Step Increase (QSI) Recommendation;
- Form DS-1974, Counseling Certification;
- Form DS-1981, Affidavit Concerning Exemption from Immigrant Vaccination Requirements for a Foreign Adopted Child;
- Form DS-1992, Allotment of Pay/Prior Service Credit (Foreign Service Employees) Application and Authorization to Make, Change, or Discontinue;
- Form DS-1996, Living Pattern Questionnaire(LPQ) for Civilian Post Allowance and Military COLA.
DS Forms — 2000-3000
- Form DS-2004, Notification of Appointment of Foreign Government Employee;
- Form DS-2005, Notification of Appointment of Honorary Consular Officer;
- Form DS-2006, Notification of Change Identification Card Request;
- Form DS-2020-P1P2, Retail Price Schedule (Part 1 - Outlet Report and Part 2-Living Pattern Questionnaire Summary);
- Form DS-2020-P3, Retail Price Schedule (Part 3 - Retail Prices);
- Form DS-2021, Retail Price Schedule (Part 4 - Embassy or Consulate Store Survey);
- Form DS-2026, Hotel and Restaurant Report;
- Form DS-2029, Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America;
- Form DS-2031, Shrimp Exporter's/Importer's Declaration;
- Form DS-2038, Application for Certificate of International Educational Character.
DS Forms — 3000-4000
- Form DS-3013, Application Under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction;
- Form DS-3013, Application Under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Portuguese);
- Form DS-3013, Application Under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Spanish);
- Form DS-3034, Intergovernmental Personnel Act Agreement;
- Form DS-3035, Waiver of the J Visa Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement, 212(e);
- Form DS-3036, Application for Redesignation and/or Amendment;
- Form DS-3037, Update of Information on Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor;
- Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16;
- Form DS-3057, Medical Clearance Update;
- Form DS-3060, Authorization of Overtime and Premium Compensation for FLSA Exempt Employees;
- Form DS-3072, Repatriation/Emergency Medical and Dietary Assistance Loan Application;
- Form DS-3077, Request for Entry into Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program;
- Form DS-3079, Formal Complaint of Discrimination;
- Form DS-3090, Cryptographic Access Request.
DS Forms — 4000-5000
- Form DS-4017, Statement of Interest - Foreign Service Officer;
- Form DS-4024, Smart Traveler Enrollment Program;
- Form DS-4079, Questionnaire Information for Determining Possible Loss of U.S. Citizenship;
- Form DS-4080, Oath/Affirmation of Renunciation of Nationality of United States;
- Form DS-4081, Statement of Understanding Concerning the Consequences and Ramifications of Relinquishment or Renunciation of U.S. Nationality;
- Form DS-4082, Witnesses' Attestation Renunciation/Relinquishment of Citizenship;
- Form DS-4083, Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States;
- Form DS-4131, Advance Notification Form Tourist and Other Non-Governmental Activities in the Antarctic Treaty Area;
- Form DS-4138, Request for Escort Screening Courtesies;
- Form DS-4139, Photograph and Signature Card;
- Form DS-4140, Application for OFM Web Site Account;
- Form DS-4141, Application for TOMIS Account;
- Form DS-4145, Continued Service Agreement;
- Form DS-4146, Foreign Service Assignments and Policy Commitments;
- Form DS-4147, Medical Clearance Status Update;
- Form DS-4151, Time and Attendance Sheet;
- Form DS-4170, Time and Attendance;
- Form DS-4184, Risk Analysis Information;
- Form DS-4192, Flag Loan Request;
- Form DS-4194, Request for Authentications Service;
- Form DS-4214, Accounting Classification for Non-Serviced Agencies Voucher Crosswalk/Input Template;
- Form DS-4263, POEMS Hardware/Software Request;
- Form DS-4282, Discrimination Complaint Form;
- Form DS-4283, Courier Application Manifest;
- Form DS-4285, Port Courtesies Request.
DS Forms — 5000-6000
- Form DS-5002, Designation of Beneficiary;
- Form DS-5055, U.S. Foreign Service Employee Evaluation Report;
- Form DS-5105, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Worksheet
- Form DS-5106, Worksheet for Calculating Compensatory Time Off For Travel;
- Form DS-5107, Office of Civil Service Human Resource Management Hiring Manager's Recruitment Checklist;
- Form DS-5108, Competitive Recruitment Consultation Guide;
- Form DS-5109, Office of Civil Service Human Resource Management Individual 80-Day Hiring Timeline Service Agreement;
- Form DS-5110, Gateway to State Job Analysis;
- Form DS-5111, Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) - Certification for Foster Child Status;
- Form DS-5112, Employee Statement Concerning FEHB Coverage During Nonpay Status;
- Form DS-5116, Qualification Analysis Worksheet;
- Form DS-5118, Hiring Management Enterprise System Merit Promotion (MP) Case File Checklist;
- Form DS-5119, Gateway to State - Hiring Management System Delegated Examining (DE) Case File Checklist;
- Form DS-5126, Hiring Management Enterprise (HMES) User ID Request;
- Form DS-5137-A, Foreign Service Family Reserve Corps (FSFRC) Membership Application;
- Form DS-5137-D, Foreign Service Family Reserve Corps (FSFRC) Declination of Membership;
- Form DS-5147, Foreign Service Family Reserve Corps (FSFRC) Membership Recertification;
- Form DS-5154, Work Obligation Statement;
- Form DS-5155, Request for Paid Parental Leave (PPL);
- Form DS-5504, Application for a U.S. Passport - Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement;
- Form DS-5505, Authorization for the Release of Information Under The Privacy Act;
- Form DS-5506, Local American Citizen Skills/Resources Survey;
- Form DS-5507, Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support;
- Form DS-5511, Affidavit for Surviving Spouse or Next of Kin;
- Form DS-5525, Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances for Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16;
- Form DS-5528, New Evacuee Manifest and Promissory Note Form;
- Form DS-5537, JADE Act Questionnaire.
DS Forms — 6000-7795
- Form DS-6546, Medical Questionnaire For Assessment of Disability/Reasonable Accommodation;
- Form DS-6563, Release of Medical Information;
- Form DS-6570, Employee Self-certification and Ability to Perform in Emergencies (ESCAPE) Posts Pre-deployment Physical Exam Acknowledgement Form;
- Form DS-7002, Training/Internship Placement Plan;
- Form DS-7006, Exchange Programs Alumni Website Registration;
- Form DS-7601, Authorization to Conduct Criminal History Inquiry for Spouse or Cohabitant;
- Form DS-7603, Notice of Transfer of Labor Charges;
- Form DS-7604, Living Quarters Summary Expenditure Report;
- Form DS-7646, U.S. National Commission for UNESCO Fellowship Laura W. Bush Traveling Fellowship;
- Form DS-7651, Office of Language Services Contractor Application Form;
- Form DS-7663, Department of State Drug Testing Policy;
- Form DS-7664, Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments;
- Form DS-7665, Unemployment Insurance Benefits;
- Form DS-7666, Locator Sheet;
- Form DS-7669, Affidavit Pursuant to Declaring Domestic Partner Relationship;
- Form DS-7675, Foreign Mission Emergency After-Hours Contact Information;
- Form DS-7677, Contractor Country Clearance Request (CCCR);
- Form DS-7691, Special Issuance Passport Application No-Fee Transmittal;
- Form DS-7768, Employee Evaluation Report (Optional Short Form);
- Form DS-7781, Adoptive Family Relief Act Refund Application;
- Form DS-7795, Financial Disclosure Management System User Account Request.
Department of State JF Forms
- Form JF-0050-D, Merit-Based Compensation (MBC) Employee Performance Report (EPR) for Locally Employed Staff;
- Form JF-0057-EPR, Employee Performance Report for Not Ordinarily Residents (NOR);
- Form JF-0057-PD, Performance Discussion for Not Ordinarily Residents (NOR);
- Form JF-0057-PIP, Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) for the Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR).
Agency for International Development (USAID) Forms
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) leads international development and the humanitarian efforts of the United States focused on saving lives, overcome poverty, enforce democratic governance, and help communities progress beyond and without further assistance.
Browse the latest USAID Forms through this link.
Bureau of Consular Affairs Forms
The Bureau of Consular Affairs is a component within the U.S. Department of State that expresses and implements policies that regulate immigration and consular procedures. Browse the latest Bureau of Consular Affairs Forms through this link.
Not what you were looking for? Check out these related tags:
Use this if you need to report your U.S. passport as lost or stolen.
Use this form if you do not possess your original birth certificate or documentation that confirms naturalization, have no access to your birth records for any reason, or the birth records are insufficient, but you have to apply for a U.S. passport.
Fill in this form when requesting a new or updated U.S. passport and it has not arrived in the mail within 10 days of it being sent out.
This is a legal document used by U.S. citizens and nationals when applying for their first passport. In addition to this completed application, it is required to submit a copy of an identification document - birth certificate, social security card, or driver's license.
This is a document issued by the U.S. Department of State for individuals who are applying for a U.S. passport and who are unable to establish their identity to the satisfaction of a person authorized to accept passport applications.
Fill in this legal document if you are an Afghan national who was employed in Afghanistan for two years or more on behalf of or by the U.S. government to apply for lawful permanent residence in the U.S.
This form is to be used when applying to positions listed within the U.S. Mission under the Office of Overseas Employment's Interagency Local Employment Recruitment Policy.
This is a now obsolete legal document completed by foreign nationals who sought to obtain an immigrant visa and reside in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
These types of visa applications are for nonimmigrant visas and give the opportunity to their owners to go to the U.S. to carry out substantial trade between the U.S. and their treaty country of origin.
Form DS-5525 "Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances for Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16"
This form is requested in special situations when applying for a U.S. Passport for a minor under age 16
This is a supplemental document filled out by the minor's parents or legal guardians to authorize the issuance of a U.S. passport to the indicated minor if they cannot be present when the passport is executed.
Filling in this form is necessary for documents submitted by U.S. citizens and foreign nationals to the U.S. Department of State. It is the responsibility of the Authentications Office to sign and issue certificates for these documents under the Seal of the U.S. Department of State.
This application was developed for those individuals who need to obtain more pages for their current valid U.S. passport.