Download DD Form 1348-6 DoD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual - Long Form)
DD Form 1348-6 Instructions
The DD 1348-6 is a multi-part document that can be prepared digitally, by typewriter, with a ballpoint pen or pencil. It is also possible to configure the documents in pads, sets, or single sheets according to the user's preferences.
- The form itself consists of two parts. The first part is intended for the MILSTRIP coding data, including a Reject Code section. If the supply source rejects the requisition, the corresponding code is entered in the Reject Code section and no other status documents are prepared.
- The second part of the form is designed for item identification. It should be completed as follows:
- Enter the item Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code in Box 1 if available. After that, indicate the complete part number.
- Enter the manufacturer's name and address in Box 2 if the CAGE is not available.
- Specify the manufacturer's catalog identification number in Box 3.
- Indicate the date of publication in Box 4 in YYMMDD format.
- Boxes 5 and 6 require entering the applicable order and technical manual numbers respectively. This data is used to define the requested item.
- Box 7 should contain the appropriate name of the requested item.
- Box 8 is designed for the description of the item, including information about its color and size if applicable. Exhibits or photos of the item can also be attached.
- Box 9 requires details about the applicable end item for which the requested item applies: name, supply source, manufacturer's make, manufacturer's model and serial number, and the serial number of the end item. In case the application is unknown, enter unknown.
- Box 10 is reserved for the requisitioner's clear-text name, address (including ZIP code), and DSN or commercial number.
- Box 11 is for any additional data (including UII).
The document can be completed in multiple copies, but only the original can be submitted as a requisition to the supply source. The used forms are mailed to the Logistic Control Activity to update the Logistics Intelligence File (LIF).
DD 1348-6 Related Forms
- DD Form 1348, DOD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (Manual);
- DD Form 1348-1A, Issue Release/Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-2, Issue Release/Receipt Document with Address Label;
- DD Form 1348-5, Notice of Availability/Shipment;
- DD Form 1348-7, DoD MILSPETS DFSP Shipment and Receipt Document;
- DD Form 1348-8, DoD MILSPETS: DFSP Inventory Accounting Document and End-Of-Month Report.